What was the best AS roffle of ever?

loserone

9 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

I don't think anything will ever top the Lada Samara 'Wheel of misfortune' ROFFLE live at Shitefest 2016.

This is one I missed out on, but was exactly what I was thinking of

32 minutes ago, loserone said:

Not actually a roffle, sorry.  What have been our best roffles? I quite liked winning a Lexus LS400..

But dome won that. Well, he won it when I roffled it for £3 per ticket!

Or was there another LS400 roffled through AS too?

The 2016 ShiteFest wheel of misfortune was amazingly done, though. Another vote for that from me.

29 minutes ago, SiC said:

MFV?

That's had quite a few owners and a lot of miles covered in collections alone. It's gone back and forth from Scotland to South of England at least four times!

Yeah that one, I don't know why I sold it and still miss it but didn't want it back when I won it, go figure as they say..

3 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Yeah that one, I don't know why I sold it and still miss it but didn't want it back when I won it, go figure as they say..

I believe @Eddie Honda owns it now. 

It was a decent car but made me realise that Jags just aren't me. At least at my current age. 

1 hour ago, sdkrc said:

I'm obviously biased so my vote is the visa. 850miles in a day but it was special because it was a community save.

Also, what is the tale of the Lada Samara. I'm intrigued?

I forgot about the Visa! A bit crazy being as it was my idea at the start! What became of it? 

I think my Xantia win deserves mention for including a family swim on the way back! Top man @SierraMikeHotel picked it up for me and met me at the Hertz drop off outside Heathrow. 

The Bini that’s become an AS bike was a good one too, especially as @Tickman bought me the ticket and I didn’t know until it was drawn! Brilliant wee car that’s ready for a new owner again I’m sure? 

2055BC3C-E8C1-4C72-AB17-324CCED9FC3C.jpeg

DB5DD4E4-F591-472E-B72A-D8C29A4CA75E.jpeg

Surely this is a contender, won at the end of January 2019 from @320touring

1) 3 tickets were £12

2) It was less than 10 miles away from me.

3) Had no MOT but needed only a wheel bearing to pass which was supplied.

4) Having just completed 6 months/6000 miles of trouble free service for Ms_Touring, I knew it was reliable

5) Brutha_Touring subsequently found all the service history, confirming that @Lacquer Peel’s friends mum had spent over £1k on it in the last year having all the brake and fuel pipes replaced.

6) It has gone on to provide a lot of fun for me and my family, including a trip to Arran last year, the roof works.(manual) and doesn't leak (much!). Everyone seems to love it including my postman and neighbours.

7) It's in overall decent nick after just a polish and valet.

The only negative is that it won't become a forum bike because despite some indecision last summer, I'll never part with it now. My wife and I wrote our wills recently and if I predecease her, it's to be parked up in the garage for my son.

IMG_20200508_160849.jpg

5 hours ago, Supernaut said:

But dome won that. Well, he won it when I roffled it for £3 per ticket!

The story behind that is one of my favourites.

You buy it for £sillylowprice because owner is literally emigrating the next day.
You pootle about in it.
You take it on a track day and its brakes and electrics get utterly gubbed (or, in fairness, more utterly gubbed than they were before)
You understandably think 'fuck this' and roffle it, selling out in about 5 hours flat.
Dome wins, comes to collect, and fixes* the electrics by booting the dashboard.

5 hours ago, Supernaut said:

another LS400 roffled through AS too

Yes, I won the ex @Spottedlaurel ex @JohnK ex @Jim Bell Ls400 ("tales of £13 car") and Mrs L1 spun it into some road furniture.  Subsequently swapped for a mandolin, it's sitting on @scaryoldcortina's drive for his son, who's bought a Mercedes Benz instead.