Wish I'd never sold it MG ZT 190+

djb222

I had one of those, it was a 54 or a 56 , can't remember , 2 years old when I got it , a guy had took it in PX for another car IIRC , it was dirt cheap , 6-7k he seemed nice enough, It was that cheap I paid for the most expensive HPI check , checked everything I could to make sure it wasn't stolen , it all checked out , black with blacked out windows, black leather seats , TV in it so you could watch how to not stand out as a drug dealer programmes

2 hours after I got in it the clutch pedal sank to the floor , it'd obviously happened to him, he'd topped the fluid up and got rid fast, probably at a big loss

all it was , clutch slave cylinder , a few hundred quid to fix , I had it for a few months Mrs wack didn't like it, clutch was heavy, she couldn't reverse it to save her life so I sold it at a profit which was unusual for me.

I wish I'd never sold my Impreza WRX Hatchback , I loved that car , only 22mpg £500 tax , job was iffy so it had to go , I replaced it with a 1.0L golf that I hated so much I sold it within a month at a loss not much different to running the WRX for another year

You live and learn

I bought it for £1050, put 4 new Avon tyres on it , new EBC discs and pads, made a new handbrake regulator, new rear boot vent gasket..... the old one had been leaking for ages so had to remove the carpet, dry it and remove the swimming pool in the cabin. Once all back together it was a great car.   However, with a lotus elan and a freelander 1 and Ultima to build (now gone) it had to go. Sold it for £1350.  They seem to be going up in value from what I can see.

Here's the interior after stripping the carpet  

https://youtu.be/NGh0cJrus-c

I really wanted the V8 but couldn't afford one 

What I liked about it was it was such a british thing to do , a mustang V8 in grandads slipper 

I just imagined engineers in brown suits working at night then getting caught

Vot ist Ziss 

I have never regretted any cars I have sold however I did have a couple of Rover 75s which were sold for reasons other than not liking the car, the first needed too much work to be worth it and I let the second go when I won my Audi 80 on here. So it was less of a regret and more like unfinished business which is why I'm on my 3rd one now.

I wish I still had my ZT-T+ 190!

The previous owner had looked after it so well coming to me fully serviced including cam belt. Plus a few upgrades like a air filter with a catch tank and a double Din head unit.

So why did I sell it?

It gave me a scare when the clutch fluid leaked away and it was 50/50 if the repair was the gearbox out slave, it turned out to be the cheaper master cylinder.

There was rust forming in the tailgate seams and window surrounds. Yes I later learnt the window surrounds are just the trims not the frame.

P1230947 broad.jpg

P1230953.jpg broad.jpg

P1250067 broad.jpg

P1250086 broad.jpg

My Saab 9-5 which nearly everything updated and  modified. Wheels, brakes, shocks and springs, bushings all round, turbo, exhaust, intercooler, Noobtune ECU plus lots I have forgotten about. 300bhp and 75,000 miles and was a joy to drive bimbling around or blasting along on the local B roads. 

Luckily all the work was done by the previous owner at great expense. Only thing I did was uprate the stereo to DVD and better speakers.

Sold because it would never get matriculated to Spanish regulations.

20190119_155113.thumb.png.bd818ad70d71d41b18cdea4033e17c8e.png

20190119_155056.thumb.png.4edb0ed8c2ab1ea27ba2a0932a614dfd.png

20190715_164714.thumb.jpg.4fd386e7229cd49dc4a9d25fe9c71593.jpg

20190119_154949.thumb.png.864843cbafdd22dbfcf058c4ae989142.png

A friend had a Rover 75 Diesel Connie, an early one, he'd spent loads on it but sold it due to the slave needing to be done, expensive to do yes, but after the money he'd already spent I thought it a harsh decision, however we've all been there.  Now he drives a Punto.

All part of manual 75 ownership I'm afraid. The real problems start when you replace these parts and either don't use the right slave (good quality OEM spec seems to be the best) or it's fitted carelessly, both leading to a short life.

Even my auto is on its 4th gearbox as the 2 replacements for the original were DOA. That was a pain that the PO sadly experienced, I'm glad it wasn't me.

I broke a similar blue one a few years ago. It was very tidy but had lost its belt and did have engine damage.

Suprisingly straight in sad to say, but for a V6 very basic model surprisingly. No cruise or climate control and stuff if I remember right. 

15 hours ago, Wack said:

I really wanted the V8 but couldn't afford one 

What I liked about it was it was such a british thing to do , a mustang V8 in grandads slipper 

I just imagined engineers in brown suits working at night then getting caught

Vot ist Ziss 

It was well after the German’s had exited stage left before the V8 was on the cards. An MG Rover era vanity project under Fat Kevin Howe’s tenure.

My father in law worked on the original Prodrive team that did the BIW engineering, before Rover took it in house. 

Any of the Xantias; they're a lovely clean design and they're getting a little thin on the ground now. 

The HDi was a lovely bus. With velour. 110bhp and it was a lovely cruiser. 

And then a Xantia Activa 2.0lpt that I don't know what ended up of it. My dad had it for a while. 

An early Renault Clio 1.4. Light, quick enough and fun to drive. Used to hoon that about the place. 

IMG_20140318_172058_736.jpg

DSC04688~2.JPG

Manta gte. All white with brown check recaro interior and 32000 on clock. Absolutely mint inside and out full history not a single spot of rot anywhere. Bought in 2003 for £1500 sold in 2005 for £1500. Came up on ebay recently for £8500. Not about the lost profit though, only car that I'd genuinely have back tomorrow ?

I loved mine too. Bought for £311 but it felt like it £5ks worth.

Handled beautifully and probably the best looking car I ever had.

Didn't like the engine at all though and my feet wouldn't fit in the footwell. 22mpg was a bit too hard on the pockets at the time.

Sold for £200 and driven to Greece by a robotics professor. I hope it's still alive and just sitting in the sun somewhere.

IMG-20171104-WA0003.jpg

wJaGtIz6.jpg

Many cars i regret selling.E30 318is sold as 1st child came along and needed something more family. MG ZT-T that i bought cheap to help us move house but ended up keeping for 3 years and 80k miles. That finally gave up at 240k miles and got scrapped because time and funds didnt allow me to keep it and sort out.