Just Bought a new Ka for £150

Vince70

Also the logbook came back today and it’s only had two owners and going by the condition I would say it was well cared for by the first owner then the second owner was most probably a younger driver who had it for about a year and neglected it but nothing that can’t be put right with just a little time.

Ive already been given an original radio to stick back in it and my other half has decided she wants it for herself when her diesel merc decides to die as there’s only two cars she likes driving and that’s a Ka and the other is the first generation A class.

Here’s the other one we have which has been great and this one has had some abuse as it’s been driven into things  and had countless wheels damaged plus is going to be a learner car for the third time.

It was absolutely immaculate when we first got it and still never misses a beat all I’ve done to it was fit a coil pack which was about £12.

Its still never had a rust advisory but I coated the underside with loads of waxoyl.

I might not have it 100% but Endura is basically the Kent engine think of it as an A series in a mini compared to the A+ in a Metro.

I found my first bit of rust yesterday  on the pillar but it’s not bad and have gone over if with a mini wire wheel and treated it to some Krust hence why the rust has gone black.

I don’t think I will respray it as I already have a touch up paint in a  similar colour from my hellrot E36 but might file it down flat then put half a pea size amount of filler over the top just to smooth it in.

It been caused by the windscreen drain being blocked up but it could of been a lot worse and have taken the windscreen scuttle panel off to clean it out and it will be getting a coat of waxoyl in that part of the scuttle area afterwards.

32815DA4-9BF8-4EF6-9BC4-ABA673B8D434.jpeg

I may have told this story here before...

I had one of the first 1996 Ka's as my first car. It was bought from my old man who'd got it from 'Motorpoint' as they used to sell them en masse at about a year old for circa £5000.  By the time I bought it mine it was 5 years old, my dad was sufficiently enamoured with the the one he'd sold me that he went out and bought another identical one to replace it . Embarrassingly we both had matching Ka's, (This used to upset me a great deal) 

On the whole all went well apart from the winter when for reasons that are inexplicable both of our heater valves failed simultaneously meaning the cars refused to blow warm air into the cabin- We were both too mean to take either car to a garage and so spent the whole winter taking out a hot water bottle to position on the dash to demist/melt the ice whenever the  cars were needed. Shamefully I was an apprentice at Leyland Daf at the time and yet still somehow lacked the nous to work out that this was a quick and easy part to replace. We spent the whole winter driving around like that.  To make matters worse, at 5 or 6 years old my drivers side door seal leaked like a sieve to the extent that the carpets of my car were so rotten that many passengers used to physically wretch at the smell when getting in. That winter because of the lack of heaters my water logged footwells froze solid, all the while I drove round merrily, but wrapped up well, with a hot water bottle on the dash with hope the problem would fix itself and all would come right in the end. Utter misery.  Aside from that and having to (Pay a grown up to) replace a coil pack it was lots of fun.

In the end I chopped the Ka in for an MX5 when I met my wife, I had to fight to get £200 trade in value on it. MOT history shows that six months later it failed it's MOT catastrophically and never saw the road again. It was eight years old.

Driving a Ka made me a better person and with support from friends and family I got through it. 

TLDR: 11.8/10- Definitely would.