Mx-5 gone, pug 107 and 300C now here.

paulplom

19 hours ago, Robson3022 said:
Good result that. When can I buy it please?

You'll have to wait till I spend loads of time and money on it and sell it for less than I bought it for. As is the norm.
I've just bought a couple of doors, some sill covers and other bits from@gm.
If the rain would piss off I'd be doing more fettling now.

Great little cars. I never tired of the pop up headlights on our old mk1. Congrats on the pass as well!

I googled your plate and found interesting reading. I guess you're probably aware of it, but thought I'd share it on the offchance you didn't. Proper little survivor!

https://www.motorpunk.co.uk/articles/total-restoration-of-one-of-the-oldest-mx-5s-around/

Great little cars. I never tired of the pop up headlights on our old mk1. Congrats on the pass as well! I googled your plate and found interesting reading. I guess you're probably aware of it, but thought I'd share it on the offchance you didn't. Proper little survivor!

https://www.motorpunk.co.uk/articles/total-restoration-of-one-of-the-oldest-mx-5s-around/

It was[mention=23891]motorpunk[/mention] I bought it off. Parts from[mention=4462]gm[/mention] were collected this morning.e9eb7a5e81aafd8b73153aa77f4bd7df.jpg

I was told to shift them rather sharply. The rain eased a bit so I've been for a high speed blast up and down the coast road afew times, top down of course.
The flat spot/hesitation is still there and getting worse. It only happens under partial throttle and mashing it gets it to clear. I got some funny looks doing full bore starts at every set of traffic lights in town.
I'm wondering if the coil pack is up to no good. I can't find the obd port to plug my reader in though. Mazda must have it hidden really well.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, paulplom said:

I'm wondering if the coil pack is up to no good. I can't find the obd port to plug my reader in though. Mazda must have it hidden really well.

??

Wait you're not joking...

These are far too old for OBD2. However there is a diagnostic socket under the bonnet where you can flash error codes out. Won't tell you too much though. 

Just caught up with this, congrats on the MOT pass! That's great news. 

Flat spot - might just want a good thrashing. I'm pretty sure it's had new plugs and leads during my ownership. 

New doors?! You're really going to town on this! 

I won't derail this thread but I was missing my your MX5 a bit yesterday so bought it's replacement, a lump of Norfolk's finest tupperware...

Flat spot - might just want a good thrashing. I'm pretty sure it's had new plugs and leads during my ownership. 

I won't derail this thread but I was missing my your MX5 a bit yesterday so bought it's replacement, a lump of Norfolk's finest tupperware...

A lotus!?

I was joking about the obd. I wonder if unplugging the maf would make a difference?

It's had a canny thrash since I aquired it. I put £30 of shell premium in yesterday.

searching for "mx5 diagnostic" brings it up but I made the original myself many years ago and it's been passed around the internet ever since :) the info is cribbed from various sources, hence the dutch? translations 

7 minutes ago, gm said:

searching for "mx5 diagnostic" brings it up but I made the original myself many years ago and it's been passed around the internet ever since :) the info is cribbed from various sources, hence the dutch? translations 

Famous then!

I thought unplugging the maf made them run in a default setting. All cars are different I presume.

23 hours ago, motorpunk said:

I found a good service, new plugs and leads, spraying carb cleaner into the inlet manifold and setting the idle a touch higher, solved the 2 issues we had with ours. It was idling too low and woukd hesitate midrange. 

7 hours ago, paulplom said:

I've been thinking about engine conversions.
A 5.0 V8 bolts straight in apparently.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Too heavy! 

The guys at Thrussington garage who worked on my car made a Jag V6 (from an S type as I recall) fit really easily and they’re apparently quite light, and can be supercharged. 

I was never brave enough for that...