Mx-5 gone, pug 107 and 300C now here.

paulplom

Trackday? That little car has done Donington, Curborough, Blyton,  Llandow, Mallory and the 'ring. 

Sorry, I meant - "never been raced or rallied". 

It will be brilliant. 

PS - My Granny had dementia. I used to take her out in it, here's the last time we went shortly before she passed away. She bloody loved it and used to shout at "posh buggers on horseback" as we went by.

my granny in mx5.JPG

Trackday? That little car has done Donington, Curborough, Blyton,  Llandow, Mallory and the 'ring. 
Sorry, I meant - "never been raced or rallied". 
It will be brilliant. 
PS - My Granny had dementia. I used to take her out in it, here's the last time we went shortly before she passed away. She bloody loved it and used to shout at "posh buggers on horseback" as we went by.

1613814697_mygrannyinmx5.thumb.JPG.deaf8326fc372e29bc2ddd242006d4dd.JPG

Love that she’s grabbing the door in advance of being wizzed about.

I lost loads of the baffle material on the track. I was keep leaving big puffs of baffle material caning it along the straight. The last of it was pulled out this morning. 

It must habe been causing a blockage of some description as it's revving much cleaner now and is quite a bit sharper to drive. 

Bonus for sporty noise now as well. Proper chaverish now.

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Busy waxing it and I've only gone and knocked the drivers wing mirror off with my arse. Fucks sake man.

I hardly touched it and it looks well rotten. Pretty lucky I guess. Rather that than have it fly off on the dual carriageway.

20200730_123217.jpg

Our old one did that. When you consider the small bolt has been subjected to almost three decades of rain and shiz, it's done pretty darn well. 

Is the sticker in the window from its time in Japan? One of ours had a random selection of Japanese stickers under the fuel flap, and another had an ancient Japanese car park ticket under the driver's seat. Still got it somewhere...

No, my car is English. It's actually the oldest silver uk car in the country and 3rd oldest overall. The door came from the jap car @gm broke up to make his kit car. 

The door on mine was rotten along with the arches. The donor door was also black which was the part of the reason for the respray.