Mx-5 gone, pug 107 and 300C now here.

paulplom

Yes. The paint will be very soft. I squirted the squiters earlier and had to pull over to wipe the blue water off the bonnet.

I've gave it a once over with a soft tea towel and it's come up brilliant. There is the odd imperfection here or there under the paint work but all in all, I'm very pleased for £800.

The horn on it is the most feeble sounding horn sound I've ever heard. I bought these dual tone ones from ali express for 6 quid delivered. Have I wired them right? There's no plus or minus on them and no instructions. Does it make a difference between positive and negative?
9731ad9ae1947bd19337b51df1e16e2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, paulplom said:

I've tried them with a 12v adapter that I use to charge my torch. It just made a duh noise and stopped each time I made contact. Something's not right.@PhilA any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I doubt a charger would put out enough juice for a decent "toot", maybe give it a go with the car battery and see if it blows your horn ? 

DON'T DO IT! Full car covers are spawn of Satan. They WILL ruin your car. 

I've recently heard about these for the Z4. It keeps the elements off the fabric roof during wintertime, is breathable and secures without straps screwing your paintwork. It is held tight by the bootlid, behind the doors and under the wipers. 

They're not cheap, but if your car is likely to be left for a while it could help protect things. 

Otherwise, a decent wax and roof treatment such as Autoglym two part job with keep the worst of the elements off. The roof treatment is bloody brilliant - rain beads on it just like it does on freshly waxed paint. 

Screenshot_20200717-175651_Chrome.jpg

This little fucker very nearly let me down earlier. We were at Tynemouth market in it and after an hour browsing we came out and it wouldn't start.
It was spinning over but wouldn't catch. It did seem to be spinning slightly slower than usual although it cranked for more than long enough. We packed our bags and were about to leave it and walk home when I gave it one last chance. It fired first click. The fan belt was squaling and it hasn't done it before or since. Could it be related? The only thing I left on while we were away was the heated rear windscreen. Surely this would isolate with ignition off?
The last time this happened it turned out to be the crank sensor on the side of the engine iirc. It usually wouldn't start when hot. This was on the 306 cab that I sold to@Eddie Honda.
Anyway, I'll condition the battery overnight and see what happens.
Must be the smallest battery I've seen. Is it correct for the car? Anyone any other ideas?fc64ce725de0b090670158f7e0e166ca.jpg