I've never priced up a paint job but that doesn't sound bad for the whole car, you could pay a good few hundred just to get the wheel arches done. Are the sills needing done / included in that price ?

It’s had the front resprayed, as you know. I reckon £800 to properly weld the arches, paint those new doors and see to any other bits is pretty good. The paint is weirdly thin above the windscreen, for example. You’ve taken a different approach to ownership than me and I’m honestly loving the results. Please can I have first dibs when you come to sell? 

Slightly different subject - are you going to garage this over winter? It was always garaged when I owned it as I was convinced it would dissolve quicker than a sugar cube in hot tea if it was left outside in shite weather.

Yes, I'll be garaging it. If the council ever get round to fitting a new door.  It was burgled in March where they pulled the up and over garage door off it's hinges and knicked all my stuff.

I had to board it all up with cls and security screws and I haven't been able to get back in since. They pinched around 5k of tools and plumbing gear in broad daylight and nobody saw a thing.

It’s had the front resprayed, as you know. I reckon £800 to properly weld the arches, paint those new doors and see to any other bits is pretty good. The paint is weirdly thin above the windscreen, for example. You’ve taken a different approach to ownership than me and I’m honestly loving the results. Please can I have first dibs when you come to sell? 

Slightly different subject - are you going to garage this over winter? It was always garaged when I owned it as I was convinced it would dissolve quicker than a sugar cube in hot tea if it was left outside in shite weather.
As the manic street preachers said, 'everything's for sale'.
I'll give you 1st dibs, but I'd need at least my money back.