I've just been for a decent run. The paint hasn't bubbled or peeled and the cam cover is red hot.
I tanked it while I was out and noticed the petrol cap is missing. That'll explain the odd whiff I've been getting lately. I must have left it on the pump the last time I filled it ffs.

2 hours ago, paulplom said:

The garage had a universal one but the guy said mine had been handed in.
Couldn't find it though.

I think a lie would have been better in this case 

This is going in for paint tomorrow afternoon. He's quoted for arch repairs and both sides resprayed. I think I'll just get him to do the whole car. Surely the boot and bonnet won't make much difference to the price.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:54 AM, paulplom said:

Never seen the oil pressure so hight. No leaks. I'm calling that bodge a success.
3000ced1cdf56374bafe3dda06966d24.jpg

Either that or the silicon has blocked the sensor 🤣

Will a mountain bike fit in an mx5? The body shop is 15 miles away and I need to drop the car off and get home again.

looks like I'm too late but I could have loaned you a rack

IMG_9138.thumb.JPG.86a9447c034b79509acc8650f93c353f.JPG

is thankfully very secure as I forgot it was there and drove normally*

IMG_9137.thumb.JPG.8904a8be3f728a220bbf460b4f9022a5.JPG

11 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Ooofff indeed. That's more than I paid for the car.

What do you reckon?

How much is it worth minty?295c5ca9af81233b62889ca4363f05b6.jpg

How much do you like the car? Whilst paintwork is never cheap, there are cleaner mk1s out there as a starting point. On the other hand, if you do stump up 800 notes for some shiny paint, the car will still owe you under 2k and they're great fun regardless. 

On 6/30/2020 at 11:28 AM, paulplom said:

That's a roger.84835a698f7caac845bccb9c1c90c554.jpg

No offence but I'm not sure it counts as a mountain bike if it has a kickstand. I'd say that makes it a shopper 😛 

No offence but I'm not sure it counts as a mountain bike if it has a kickstand. I'd say that makes it a shopper  
And a big fuck off battery.

I'm not getting it back till a weeks time! What will I do?
I might have to hire one. Or give the sierra alpha alpha bravo some much needed attention. I've done nothing to it since it was bought.

How much do you like the car? Whilst paintwork is never cheap, there are cleaner mk1s out there as a starting point. On the other hand, if you do stump up 800 notes for some shiny paint, the car will still owe you under 2k and they're great fun regardless. 
Cleaner? After this it'll be mint. The wheels are done and underneath is sorted, rustproofed, poly bushed and coil overed. A valet, a dash shine, and an under bonnet spruce, it will be very clean. Other than a bit gearbox noise on the over run, it's now mechanically very good as well.