Mx-5 gone, pug 107 and 300C now here.

paulplom

The temp sensor is on the passenger seat (there’s no sensor fitted now, as you saw in the video walk around thing I sent), the file with the history is in the footwell, there’s three keys (the new-looking one only works one way round as I recall), plus two immobiliser fobs. It needs a damn good clean, tyre pressures checking and (of course) an MOT. I don’t think I’ve done more than start it up for well over a year. Windows are sloooooow! I hope you give it the TLC it deserves, there’s a lot of memories in that car.

Well bought, I thought I recognised this form @motorpunk's thread back in the MX5nutz days- I had an '89 in SilverStone on a G reg at that time too. You'll be able to tell if it's a properly early one if there's only one hole in the slam panel, IIRC they changed to 2 holes about 6 months into production.

The temp sensor is on the passenger seat (there’s no sensor fitted now, as you saw in the video walk around thing I sent), the file with the history is in the footwell, there’s three keys (the new-looking one only works one way round as I recall), plus two immobiliser fobs. It needs a damn good clean, tyre pressures checking and (of course) an MOT. I don’t think I’ve done more than start it up for well over a year. Windows are sloooooow! I hope you give it the TLC it deserves, there’s a lot of memories in that car.
It's in good hands. It'll get the attention it deserves. My mate has a body shop. I wonder if he wants any plumbing done.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, motorpunk said:

Windows are sloooooow!

TADIS. Cleaning the switches can help a lot and so does lubricating the window regulator with white grease. Remember having to do the same on the MK1 I had, back when it was "only" 20 years old. 

Typically it's pissed down here more or less since it was dropped off. I was hoping to get stuck into it today.

The old sony radio that came with it has a really good sound. I suspect the speakers have been upgraded.

There is a mountain of paperwork with it and it looks to have every mot certificate from new,

18 hours ago, SiC said:

TADIS. Cleaning the switches can help a lot and so does lubricating the window regulator with white grease. Remember having to do the same on the MK1 I had, back when it was "only" 20 years old. 

I cut a small bit of aluminium sheet the same size as the switch unit, and put two of these in.  Work brilliantly

https://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/js-511clc/toggle-switch-dpdt-on-off-on/dp/SW03353?mckv=sZIH9ErmR_dm|pcrid|224682624125|kword||match||plid||slid||product|SW03353|pgrid|49734256791|ptaid|pla-371789919038|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_ez2BRCyARIsAJfg-kteA88XsxjgUtJRfpY6jdNbDxZa6bTHxPvor2jVBuHt7rbaWSlIxuIaAoGZEALw_wcB

If you have the door crads off, use a 12v cordless drill battery to see if the motors run quicker if you apply power directly. I tested the windows off my breaker car and with only a 7.8v battery, they ran up and down quicker than any I've seen before. 

(Edit) of course, they might just have been a set of unusually good window runners ?