Mx-5 gone, pug 107 and 300C now here.

paulplom

I'm having this delivered Friday by@worldofceri providing it all goes to plan. It was owned for 16 years by the pervious owner but has stood idle for the last year.

It had 80hrs of welding five years ago and other than the rear arches still looks pretty solid. It needs a good clean and an mot. I'm looking forward to it arriving. 1cbb512063d65cbba1ac166f6eeed79d.jpgc429c460c41df88a665b08afda614ebe.jpg7b52c75f611cc54e8852be38e8f3b27c.jpgee2eac73a0a39fd0018d61ceccdc2c41.jpg0ed2dc8d55414ab614b723e9489b191e.jpg61a8d75e33298ac3bc1598cf43700206.jpgfdb08b6519db37b1407025c2e32f30c2.jpg57629a719c25e9e23407a1825c6267f3.jpgefac9a877417378a4c072b3bc68de8e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

80 hours of welding!

I don't know how tall you are (i'm roughly 6 foot) but if you don't get on with the steering wheel then a deep dish type gives a better driving position IMO. Basically with the flat steering wheel I was hitting my knees when steering (and really struggled to get my leg out the way when winding down the keep fit windows ?).

I'm only 5'8". I've had a mk2 mx-5 before and my partner had a mk1 in red when I met her 5 years ago. We had to bin the mk1 when it failed the mot on terminal corrosion.

Her dad had just spent a fortnight fitting new front wings on it and painting them orange for some reason. The car was red. We sold it o someone in South Shields for £450 iirc.

The guy was a welder. That was about three years ago.

Paul, them front.wings.  
If you can find a pair in BRG I will swap you for a pair in Silver. 
I was about to start stripping the paint off them but have a few jobs to do first. 
The wings on it were replaced when the work was done. I don't have any spares.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Years ago I had a Mk1 Eunos, also in silver, it was in great and mostly rust-free condition until a drunk fucking bitch wrote it off by mounting her Rav4 onto the bonnet.

I'm 6'2" and couldn't get comfortable  behind the wheel until I cut out some of the foam from the backrest and squab. This common mod gave me approx 2 inches of additional head and knee room - highly recommended for anyone with above average build.

Nice car BTW.

I don't recognise the coil overs but a 'bushed mk1 on collies should be an absolute weapon (just not on the straights). 

Get it all set up properly, including the suspension geometey, and a grippy set of 195/50 15s and you'll be away. Proxes T1-R use to be the tyre of choice but I haven't been around MX5s for a few years. 

3 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

These things truly are the modernz MGB in crispiness terms. 12.3/10

I remember circa 2000 they made an entrance on PC. Their tin worm resistance was made a positive of. Just give them time boys.....

Looks decent, they are fabulous. Mine was on some JDM yo big alloys and I bought a set of the skinny original alloys to replace them with and it just felt so right on those.

Hello! Yes, that’s my car. Well, I posted the slip off to the DVLA today so it’s Paul’s now!  He’s been an absolute gent, sorry to the others chasing me to buy.

Regarding the big bill posted, the Labour was done for free as a favour. There’s a thick file of paperwork going back to almost new with it. I bought it from a guy in Leicester who had left it in the rain for years, it’s had quite a bit of welding, but has always lived in my lock-up since I’ve had it and been a weekend toy.

Looks great in the pics but it’s far from perfect (hence = cheap) but just needs a good home and a bit of TLC.  I’ve had it around 14 years (!) and will be genuinely very, very sad to see it go. It has sat unused for over a year, is quite mucky, and had slipped down the pecking order since I got my classic Fiat 500. 

I’ll switch the gearknob for the original. Just noticed that. I forget the brand of coil overs, I asked the garage for standard ride height but they dropped it 5mm apparently. Toyos all round with few miles on them. I remember Mike at the garage calling me to look at it when he has the subframe and wings off to look at the rust... “fucking hell” he said. We’d already agreed a price for the work, thankfully! He races in the MX5 cup thingy and was once on the books of RedBull, really knows his MX5s.