Mr and Mrs Brownnova's new arrival! The human arrival arrives!

brownnova

As you know @Mrsbrownnova and I are expecting a baby!  The midwife visited yesterday (in full PPE) and all was well. However this thread has nothing to with the baby really... as the due date is still 13 days away!

Anyway apparently "push presents" are a thing, where you're supposed to buy your beloved jewellery or some kind of special gift.  One woman in work got bought a brand new BMW... So what to buy the love of your life as a gift to cheer her on her way to sneezing out a baby...  Ah yes I know the perfect thing.  A piece of old chod with a Boris MoT and no hope of passing another without some serious work.  

Owing to continued Welsh Lockdown and not wanting to drive all the way to the midlands and back it is currently on the back of a trailer wending it's way to Wales. 

So less than 2 weeks to a newborn, with an already slow moving project in the garage we buy another project... WCPGW...

Just now, dollywobbler said:

Must be the season for it as I am also awaiting a new arrival. No babies in our case though. 

As I said on the book of faces spooky that we agreed to buy cars and are having them delivered on the same day...

43 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Anyway apparently "push presents" are a thing,

Push presents! 

Pah.

back in my day women were glad to get home from the hospital to a clean house. Bloody push presents! Where are our presents for being called a bastard during labour?

Delivery was arranged for 2pm... at 1.30 ish @worldofceri arrived complete with superb lockdown face fuzz and our new little car on the back... 

Push present notwithstanding it drive under its own steam up into the drive... and it purrs beautifully... 

Have a teaser whilst I finish having a good old poke round.... 

I wasn’t expecting one of these... 

640F45FA-5FF5-433D-870A-464591B1F107.jpeg

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

Delivery was arranged for 2pm... at 1.30 ish @worldofceri arrived complete with superb lockdown face fuzz and our new little car on the back... 

Push present notwithstanding it drive under its own steam up into the drive... and it purrs beautifully... 

Have a teaser whilst I finish having a good old poke round.... 

I wasn’t expecting one of these... 

640F45FA-5FF5-433D-870A-464591B1F107.jpeg

Another 2cv?

1 hour ago, Tamworthbay said:

Very nice! Does it need much doing?

On inspection not as much as first feared... but yes it’ll need some time spending on it to get it through another MoT and to get it presentable... 

I’ll show you all the bits after tea! 

34 minutes ago, brownnova said:

On inspection not as much as first feared... but yes it’ll need some time spending on it to get it through another MoT and to get it presentable... 

I’ll show you all the bits after tea! 

Genuinely jealous, it’s one of those cars I have wanted for ages but the right one never came along at the right time and I fear they are now out of my price range.