Scottish private track day - thoughts?

Cheezey

1 hour ago, snagglepuss said:

Just seen that you need to have a small hole drilled in your roll bar so they can check. Also not quite sure why graffiti paint isnt allowed 

A lot of the regulations are to get rid of drift missiles. For a while they had people turning up in cars that looked straight out of Mad Max. E36s with no bonnet and a huge turbo bolted on top of the engine with about a foot of exhaust pipe going straight up, that kind of thing.

Understandably, the owners of the track got fed up of that sort of thing.

9835924263_9b5be14af8_c.jpgRenault 18, Sierra @ Driftland by srblythe, on Flickr

The track is only a couple of miles away so would be rude not to go. I've been around it in an e36 328 and a Volvo 340 on drift days but have never driven around it for a track day.

I think either the 205 D-turbo, 305 estate, Chevette or Riva would be fun to thrash around it.

I got a response from Driftland. It took me a couple of reads. For it to still be £42 for 8-12 people to hire for a couple of hours it would need to be a week day. Are people able/willing to bunk off on say a Friday afternoon for this?

You can have up to a max of 12 currently due to Covid-19 restrictions, it did used to be 16, however we are geared up for only 12 just now, so that everyone has their own 12m x12m pit area, with 2m and 5m distances between each individual pit.

This may change as different phases come into play from the Scottish government.

I will send you a run down of our current costs and rules/regs etc for a private hire.

Regarding dates I only have the last week in July free, nothing for the first week in August.

Thanks for your message and thanks for enquiring about a Private Hire here at the Driftland Track. We offer flexible hire of the track 7 days a week. This allows the perfect opportunity for testing, drift practice with friends, grip work, or any other training/practice sessions.

The venue is priced at £168 per hour for a weekday hire and £250 per hour for a weekend hire, with the minimum being 1 hour's booking for weekdays and 4hrs for a weekend. At this price, we allow a booking for up to 8 people with a car each (max 12 see rates below). It allows you to either use the track by yourself, or share the cost of the hire. 

At this price the track is self marshaled, and we find there is pretty much unlimited seat time available for the duration of your hire.

We can secure your booking with a non-refundable deposit of weekday £168 or weekend of £250 (payable by BACS)

On these days spectator entry is free, passenger wristbands are £5, and extra drivers sharing a car are £24 each. (NOT AVAILABLE JUST NOW DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS)

As an example - a 4 hour weekday hire for 8 people would cost £84 each. The group leader is responsible for making the deposit and paying the balance on the day. If there is a 9th car and driver, the 9th person would pay the same additional fee as the first eight i.e. £84. this continues for 10, 11 drivers up to a maximum of 12.
As an example - a 4 hour weekend hire for 8 people would cost £125 each. The group leader is responsible for making the deposit and paying the balance on the day. If there is a 9th car and driver, the 9th person would pay the same additional fee as the first eight i.e. £125, this continues for 10.11 drivers up to a maximum 12.

We can also arrange for a tyre van to be present and staffed at additional cost, please let us know if you would wish this. 

All cars and drivers must comply with standard Driftland rules available at: 
https://www.driftland.online/?P=rules

I hope the track’s easier to navigate than their written communications.

Prior to lockdown I worked every other weekend and had every Monday off, I’m due back to work very soon but I don’t know what the shift pattern will be nor how long before it gets back to normal.