Scottish private track day - thoughts?

Cheezey

I’m just scoping out if there would be any interest in this for later in the year. 

I’m making enquiries at the moment but it appears that the Driftland circuit can be hired for £168 per hour for up to 8 people. For a couple of hours it would be £42 each. 

I thought it might be a good opportunity for anyone who fancies a bit of easy going track fun without having to go to a full on track day. 

Would anyone be up for this?

any excuse to get on track for me :) only bugger is that I don't live in Scotland anymore :(

@dome @Tickman @320touring I'm sure would be interested

I've not driven Driftoland but been up a couple of times to watch, it's a fairly short circuit with plenty of corners - could be ideal for a sprint competition ?

7 minutes ago, Cheezey said:

@Supernaut that’s kind of what this all about. A chilled out session with low numbers. I think quite a few people fancy a go on track but don’t want tied up with loads of high powered stuff going mad. 

Aye. I've been to a couple of trackdays at Knockhill.

Once in @snagglepuss's Alfa 156 JTD estate and another in a scabby Lexus LS400 I owned for 3 weeks.

Both involved getting overtaken... a lot. Both cars were somewhat faster than my 316 is too.

5 hours ago, Supernaut said:

I like the idea of this, but I don't like the idea of driving my poor 316 around a track.

Well, I suppose I could drive it gently...

Oooooor someone* can find you a super cheap disposable shitter for you to collect down this way so you can drive back, rag around the track, and roffle off the remains* shortly afterwards. :-D

1 hour ago, 320touring said:

I'd be game for that, though currently the sportiest thing working is the GSA..

Imagine how it'll corner though, I bet it'll be faster than you think, especially if your not trying to race, but just getting the boot down

So far then it would provisionally look like:
1. [mention=3610]Cheezey[/mention]  
2. [mention=3610]Cheezey[/mention]‘s pal
3. [mention=3942]Tayne[/mention]
4. [mention=19977]Supernaut[/mention]
5. [mention=28676]dc2100k[/mention]
6. Snagglepuss
I’ve asked about helmet hire and stuff. Awaiting a follow up email from Driftland. 

1. Cheezey  

2. Cheezey‘s pal

3. Tayne

4. Supernaut

5. dc2100k

6.  320touring

7. bigmancaff

8. Flat4

9. Snagglepuss

Driftland is in Lochgelly. I emailed them on Thursday putting out a feeler and got a fairly quick response. I replied but I’m still waiting on their response. 

If we have more than eight interested I’ll have a chat with them and explain it isn’t going to be anything crazy. There won’t be twelve cars say on track continuously for two hours.