More shite purchased - the Executive Coach has arrived

Saabnut

As most are probably aware, I have a few* cars, indeed I have come to the conclusion that there are a few too many really. So, I made a decision last year to reduce the fleet. Since then the fleet has increased by about 6 so that is going well* then. Decided a few months ago that I really mean it this time, and just before the lockdown I had expressions of interest on the Fiat 500 and the Rover P5b (both of which I really do not want to sell, but....) and in the Sunbeam Talbot that I would like to sell. The lockdown stopped all that so the number of the fleet remains the same.

As a gesture of good will, I decided I would not look on ebay, gumtree etc and have even avoided the sale pages on here, making sure no more purchases would occur. So, 52 days ago I left Chez Saabnut and was locked in a hotel for 37 of those days. Since then I have been offshore so remote from everything automotive (My pictures from my office thread shows how remote) and as I am avoiding all shite sale sites on the very slow internet connection, I am safe.

Or not.

Last night, totally out of the blue, I got an email from a friend, saying his cousin has bought a replacement car and did I want his old one for notverymuchatall as, and I quote, it would make a good van with the rear seats out. It is possibly the most AS car I have ever owned, being an N reg, 2.0 diesel automatic, and slightly on the large side so performance will be brisk*. Apart from the make and model, the fact it has good tyres and had a new battery last year and it has MOT until August (hoping for a Boris extension), that is all the details I got. So, of course I said yes! Fortunately* my friend lives near Sheffield, so the fact it is being delivered on Saturday does not help as it will be 350 miles from Chez Saabnut and I am stuck offshore with a possibility of not getting home again until Augustish. I have no idea what colour it is, if it has cow or cloth but a google suggests a grey import. Any guesses? :-)

I am going to give up on these guessing games :-) I put up approx age and engine/box details and the second post by @aldo135 gets it right! Actually a Toyota Estima but the same thing. I have no idea what they are like, never driven one and had to google to see what it looked like. Well done guys, will have to buy something more obscure next time! Hoping for a picture or two at the weekend....

2 hours ago, Saabnut said:

I am going to give up on these guessing games :-) I put up approx age and engine/box details and the second post by @aldo135 gets it right! Actually a Toyota Estima but the same thing. I have no idea what they are like, never driven one and had to google to see what it looked like. Well done guys, will have to buy something more obscure next time! Hoping for a picture or two at the weekend....

Talk to @KruJoe, he has one - the famous Pleasure Wagon is a Lucida, which is the same thing I think?

P1030575_zpsuavfhafg.jpg

6 hours ago, Saabnut said:

It’s the kind of tat that comes up often on my car searches! A lot seem to be turning into DIY Campers

On 5/27/2020 at 12:53 PM, strangeangel said:

Talk to @KruJoe, he has one - the famous Pleasure Wagon is a Lucida, which is the same thing I think?

P1030575_zpsuavfhafg.jpg

This is ridiculous, but the Estima is the Japanese version of the Previa. In Japan, car tax was based on size though, and the Estima fell into the top band. That meant they also sold the Estima Emina and Estima Lucida which were something like 10cm narrower so they were cheaper to tax. AFAIK the two are identical apart from the front end, but one was sold in Toyota dealers and one in Corolla dealers (because in Japan they're different). 

Emina:

002.gif

Lucida:

001.gif

top buyage! 

tho slightly disappointed its not an actual coach of some kind LOL

can you imagine the recovery operation!

@Zelandeth hanging upside down in the engine bay operating the throttle @dollywobbler up front driving/recording everything

while all of us are seated each holding an airline furiously huffing and puffing to keep the brakes operational :mrgreen: