Cheesecar winnerwagon. Looking good.

scdan4

Behold the magnificence of a freshly delivered winnerwagon Arrgh plus. ?

DSC_0830.thumb.JPG.39e6e3acb0bb4f7eec1cba1ebd27ea93.JPG

For those that missed the raffle it was advertised as fusty. Oh my god was it fusty. 

DSC_0831.thumb.JPG.2e512cbd608ce7d871ad64d134555a0f.JPG

DSC_0832.thumb.JPG.426ae3c7e150c143858525eb2d71d612.JPG

And it smelt rather strongly as well. But it was a hot Bank Holiday Monday afternoon, a traditional car wash time, so got to it. Every internal surface flashed and scrubbed. The outside had tons of leaf litter and pollen so that got a snowfoam and attacked with a broom. 

Some time (6hrs later) 

DSC_0839.thumb.JPG.fc646e9417a02f00c85a938de299be8c.JPG

DSC_0840.thumb.JPG.22ef20a2b7301ffa7a38f4f20f22edbe.JPG

DSC_0842.thumb.JPG.eeed746353c488ce29c257ca464114ee.JPG

It's a lot lot cleaner inside, I've left the windows cracked so it should dry out quickly and hopefully ventilate. It's already infinitely nicer inside even though it's a bit damp. Outside needs a machine polish and wheels and maybe the bumpers painting if they don't polish up nicely. 

I did get excited at one point about the matching good brand rear tyres until I checked the date code 

spacer.pngDSC_0837.thumb.JPG.3e8809b3def8ab81280acaec2d14954b.JPG

And the fronts are shoddier 

DSC_0838.thumb.JPG.f363160b5342cfb9c28daff3481a945a.JPG

I don't think I've ever bought a car that doesn't need tyres. It's become a running joke. ?

It idles well. Too well in fact, which will be related to the eml light on the dash. We will plug it in and see what it says. 

It's bound to need a service and it's been strongly advised to check the brakes over so we will do that next 

But. 

Honestly. 

It seems a cracking wee thing on initial impressions. 

Thanks for dropping it up @Talbothope you had as easy a run back. I realised a while after you had gone that although I realised and said that I hadn't offered a brew, I didn't actually take the next step and offer one. Sorry bout that. ? 

I did have a good run back thanks.  Made somewhat easier by not looking in my rear-view mirror and having a heart-attack because some dickhead in a lifted Wagon R is tailgating me like a bastard.  Oh, hang on...

Worry not about a brew.  It was probably a bit hot for one today anyway.  Your alternative offerings were far more appropriate for the weather!

Glad to see you've got the vast majority of the grot off/out of that.  It cleans up ok, just a shame that over lockdown it had to sit rather closer to a tree than I'd have liked.  Given how low mileage it is, and how not-fucked it seems to be, I suspect it would be capable of many more years of reliable, if somewhat boring service.

Have you had "reactions" from other people yet? :signs053:

4 hours ago, bunglebus said:

What gets me about these is someone actually walked into a showroom and said "ooh yeah, that's the car for me, taller than it is wide, perfect"

At least it's a decent colour :)

It’s got a real appeal of fuck off I don’t care about it. I would love to have been party to the dealer visit ” I want that one, the one that looks like a toaster. Oh fuck yeah in yellow. And automatic please so i don’t drop me ciggy “ happened. That’s marvellous and as far from a bmw it’s possible to get.

3 hours ago, Wingz123 said:

What stud pattern are those wheels...

Guessing 4x100 (same as Yaris and Jazz....) if so many wheel choices....

Also BLIMEY! Is it an auto? Just noticed! Bet that's alright to drive actually...

Many wheel choices (anyone got anything lying about?) but I saw one with white wheels on the google last night. White wheels right, how crap? Except against the yellow..... it. Looked. Awesome. So might do that. 

Wifes seen it and likes it. Thought that might happen. She likes an auto town car. (Don’t we all)

Do we think a corsa lowering kit would fit?

3 hours ago, scdan4 said:

Failing that it looks as if I’ll be loving the zupereco

Would you not just wallop 4 part-worns on it for £80 fitted or thereabouts?  A massive improvement on what's on it at the moment.   That said I'd probably be stupid enough to just drive what's on it at the moment.  They might even pass an MOT.. I think any crack has to be through to the cords to be a fail doesn't it?

spacer.pngSays the man with p609's on the back of his merc... ? 

The Shiters dilemma... 

I can't find any partworns that are better than 5 years old, mid brand and 3.5mm tread at best for my 20 quid. 

I've not fallen over any awesome alloys or weller white wheels with a good set of rubber fitted. (it did occur that they might all be on faceache market as I don't look there) 

Tom's got a tyre machine I have free use of so there is no saving for me there. 

Makes the zuper doublecoins look more attractive for the extra tenner. It's shit, but it's new (and should be OK for a town car) 

And it might not be shit. IMHO nip nip slidemasters have improved and can be OK. Every tyre is better new. Do I feel lucky, punk. 

There's time. Tyres will be the last thing done. ? 

In the post... 

DSC_0851.thumb.JPG.7788bf3a1c76a1b596dc1af33659c119.JPG

16 minutes ago, scdan4 said:

Says the man with p609's on the back of his merc... ? 

Is that good, bad or indifferent?  They were on the car when I got it, and they still have tread, which is all I'm worried about.  The only reason I've got a matching pair on the front is because when I went to get a pair of part-worns for it, they only had one the correct size, so did me a deal on a cheapo pair of new ones.

Maybe the part-worn places near you aren't as good, but I get superb service from one not far from me.  Their tyres are all a minimum 4mm remaining tread and the often have pairs in.  Last ones I bought were only 18 months old according to the date marker.

Proper cheapies. I know this as they're on the front of the wifewagon, and were the cheapest available at the time. And they're alright, not great, they can be provoked into a slide but don't have the greasy marbles feel braking into wet November ring road roundabouts. ? 

Our estate part worn guy is nice, seems busy enough but I've never been that overwhelmed with the value /stock. 

It's in use. 

Idle control valve, which is handily located on the base of the carb, was full of crud and corroded a bit. Removed, cleaned, improved but not perfect and engine light still on. 

DSC_0872.thumb.JPG.6785a61946efb3bea237c4ac55f070a2.JPG

Tyres ended up getting two from the local partworn emporium, and my slate of 8 tyres disposed of all in for £58. 

Speedo doesn't work and there's no output from the gearbox sender. 

But it's in use and the family seem to approve. 

IMG-20200604-WA0001.thumb.jpg.45808d84b13e592065c5404623d84d0c.jpg

Eta. Somehow it is the first time the child has met keep fit windows and no central locking. Feeling me years abit. 

That 3M fast cut stuff is the bog’s dollocks - I thought the Sierra would need a full respray but within 10 minutes my “the man” had it looking like glass. 

Top shitin’. These have zero appeal to me but in a few years they’d all be gone - so it’s reassuring to know one is in the AS preservation society. 

9 hours ago, scdan4 said:

It's in use. 

Idle control valve, which is handily located on the base of the carb, was full of crud and corroded a bit. Removed, cleaned, improved but not perfect and engine light still on. 

DSC_0872.thumb.JPG.6785a61946efb3bea237c4ac55f070a2.JPG

Tyres ended up getting two from the local partworn emporium, and my slate of 8 tyres disposed of all in for £58. 

Speedo doesn't work and there's no output from the gearbox sender. 

But it's in use and the family seem to approve. 

IMG-20200604-WA0001.thumb.jpg.45808d84b13e592065c5404623d84d0c.jpg

Eta. Somehow it is the first time the child has met keep fit windows and no central locking. Feeling me years abit. 

It has central locking.  The button for it is on the driver's door.

And no speedo?  Bumhats.  Fate must have killed that during delivery, as I'm absolutely sure that was working.  I recall seeing 50mph on a local lane near me and being slightly surprised at how fast I was going.

Polished it and it has come up OK. 

DSC_0909.thumb.JPG.4e446389e69d448b21bad26696ffe3d4.JPG

Bumpers could do with another /better go as they still have white edges and recesses but the rest of it has come up better than expected tbh. Quite pleased with it. 

Need to get the satin black rattle cans out next a la the doctor and tidy up all the black bits. 

Having driven it a bit, dynamically it's abysmally shit, a lot like sitting in an old lady chair in a small greenhouse. Or a yamaha tmax 650 twist n go scoot. ? 

Also hit the blingovan with the polishing mop. Also looks better for it. 

DSC_0910.thumb.JPG.59f00c0e28205fb739237edbcc43cc68.JPG

Despite the finger. ? 

It’s a healthy exercise. Grounding. Reminds you just why that tosser in front is going so slow. Reconnects you with your roots. Radio 2 on the cassette player, look up and if there’s a gap plonk your foot on the right pedal. If there isn’t a gap plonk that foot on the other pedal. That’s it. It’s a bit like a holiday moped. 

So earlier we all got in it 

IMG-20200610-WA0003.thumb.jpg.dc882d97a0c751fba995e32d76bfe8c4.jpg

All of us, 3 dogs in there somewhere 

IMG-20200610-WA0002.thumb.jpg.865554c52d86cf505985e5e58fc5ef94.jpg

And then we went down a dual carriageway. ??

Happily, not only did we not die, we even managed to overtake something. 

Daughter is loving the cheesecar winnerwagon, especially as people do notice and look at it. Probably because it does resemble a oblong yellow warning notice... ? 

It's rained. ? Hnnng beading. 

DSC_0918.thumb.JPG.32d7d6e1e74223d869e349e7072f89b3.JPG

Smartened up the wheels semi ghetto style. 

This is apparently antique and apparently NLA which makes me feel old. 

DSC_0920.thumb.JPG.a14c4dc6850edb3cd2a0e22420eebc18.JPG

And this is similarly not new, price tag says it was bought from bhp in Bath, so it's 96 - 03 for sure. 

DSC_0921.thumb.JPG.df0de013997d8a35ab738cb988ac6861.JPG

Brush applied cylinder black. Ghetto life. There's a pandemic on dontchaknow. 

All this happened as I bought these lupo 5 spokes in a spur of the moment no research thing. Don't fit. ?. Now available ask for details! 

DSC_0926.thumb.JPG.5b496a4d37d48f288af557bce16dfa04.JPG

But..... 

I'm now going to declare it looking smart enough. Here it is brightening up our local street scene. 

DSC_0931.thumb.JPG.56b16fe0af6093e5729bceb4bb9e3407.JPG

Like a little Ray of sunshine. ?

Took 3 goes to get it into that space. ?