Save some Mazdas?

warninglight

25 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

It sounds like the usual heartbreaking hoarder story.

“I’ll never sell”
“I’ll never sell”
“I’ll never sell”

“Fuck. Pay what I want for EVERYTHING IMMEDIATELY or they’ll all be crushed.”

That is the perfect description for this lot. I have seen pics of this lot crop up from time to time over the years and thought they all lookd like a very sad sight. Sure enough, now the crusher beckons.

I would love a Hairnet-shape 626 hatchback mind you (not the same shape as Hairnet, I mean the same shape as the one he's got) Am I seeing a silver/gold B-reg one in amongst that lot?

25 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

“I’ll never sell”
“I’ll never sell”
“I’ll never sell”

I was trying to type something but this nails it far better. 

The photos I posted were taken in 2014 when a similar scenario was playing out, I can't remember if there was an imminent threat of them being crushed. We went along for a look with the owner but never managed to buy anything, he only seemed to want to sell the ones I didn't want and wanted more than I was prepared to pay for them.

6 hours ago, Skizzer said:

“I’ll never sell”
“I’ll never sell”
“I’ll never sell”

I'd almost prefer some of them to have been looked after and be in some sort of roadworthy condition rather than to have loads to fucked out in the weather left to rot and possibly never see the road again. 

Wow, scrap’s gone up a lot recently if £700 is now ‘just above’ weigh-in value for something Sierra sized (the 626’s seem to be the largest vehicles there)!! 

I suspect they’ll still be around in another 6 years time, even rustier and more knackered. Or maybe the site is to be cleared and they will all be cubed. 

The red 626 saloon on the Y plate looks OK, most of the rest are very mossy indeed. 

I suspect the TWR kitted ones will be in the worst condition due to the body kits. 

6 hours ago, Angrydicky said:

I believe @Split_Pin is local!

Yes I ran past there last week and saw that they had been moved further inside the yard. I thought they had gone years ago. They have deteriorated a lot since I last photographed them.

They are about 1/⁴ mile from my house.

Happy to assist with directions or whatever!

I actually got some bits of Jim a while ago for a 626, he's a nice guy, haven't read the practical classics article, I think his collection must have just overwhelmed him, haven't spoken to him in a while, but he is a Facebook friend, I'm sure he would do a good deal if he knew it was helping to save one. The very unusual ones are genuine very unusual ones not replica's.

Oh and as far as not being a member on here, he possibly is, he was a member on retro rides, when I used to frequent it and the old Japanese cars proboards site.