1968 Austin 1100 Mk1 (Take 2) - Gone :(

SiC

What's that coming over the hill
Is it Walsgraves Transport? Is that Walsgraves Traaaaaansport?

Fun* fact, the lead signer for The Automatic (band who made that song) is also a C++ programmer and joined the last company I worked for. Just as I was leaving there so I didn't get to meet him.
c2342c1b15479f3ed3b77ca017f4eddb.jpg

27 minutes ago, HMC said:

This place is fast becoming BL apologist central. Love the car.

It was RobT and BeEP fault for buying an ADO16! Re-triggered a primeval urge for me. I'm verging on almost (but not) becoming obessed with these as much as some of the Invac*r lot. 

Btw, I'm still interested in yours @RobT if you ever come to sell! ;)

Way better condition from first glance at looking at. Need to have a good look underneath of course as ADO16, but I might* just have bagged a bargain. 

Colour is not factory and possibly a bit modern. But it's a nice deep shade to my eye and I like it. 

It was running to get it on the trailer. Left it idling happily away but now seemed to have died. Fresh fuel in but still not wanting to stay running.

Plugs messy.
42d9e35774926f07c84a94196e8862e5.jpg
7b5e075bfddc0d891bc31eb069bec1b3.jpg

Cleaned these up but still refusing to rev or idle. Also topped up dashpots. Points look not too bad but will have another closer look.

No fuel filter, so will pull the float bowl and see what is in there. Electric pump is ticking but unknown how well.

Could do with it running as it'll make it easier to get in the garage for having a better closer look. Especially on the underside.

All in all, so far, it seems to have been a good purchase!

Oh what a lovely thing! can never have too many ADO16's around here :) 

I enjoyed your past ADO16 exploits so am looking forward to seeing how this one goes, hopefully it will see the road,

I have to wondering however, given you already have the Dolly on the go how did you convince the wife to let you get another car, especially another ADO16 after she undoubtedly saw what they are at their worst!

13 minutes ago, SiC said:

Colour is not factory and possibly a bit modern. But it's a nice deep shade to my eye and I like it. 

"possibly a bit modern" yeah sure :mrgreen:

s-l1600 (2) copy 3.jpg