1968 Austin 1100 Mk1 (Take 2) - Gone :(

SiC

54 minutes ago, HMC said:

It’s left the seller’s “compound” ?

It's from a small time trader. Compound is actually a Christmas tree farm where he stores his cars!

Back story is that the trader took this in part-ex for a XJ8 he was selling. He got told the car I've bought was in excellent condition and pictures were from it been restored 7 years ago...

The car was collected sight unseen and he isn't too happy. Did say he was going to sue the last seller for difference in value.

Latest pictures show it detoriated a bit and it's sold as a restoration project. Bit of a crap shot as it doesn't look that bad and going by the other stock the trader is selling, I expect he was expecting a absolutely mint, concourse example. 

I got it for not a too bad price as these things go and it was last MOT'd in 2018, expired (not failed) in Nov 2019 so hopefully not that bad! ?

20 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:
Has it ever featured on the EBay Tat thread?

After checking since the eBay listing start date, unbelievably considering what this is, I don't see anyone putting it up on there!

The anticipation here is overwhelming. I too would consider  expanding my fleet if three conditions could be met, 

1. I had some money

2. I had some space.

3. I had a decent workshop.

As none of these conditions are likely to be met I feel my fleet will have to remain as it is.