That Lovejoy Safrane

Petrolize

10 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

What's actually up with it? I heard something about rust and ECU in the same sentence, but not the engine ECU, I think?

I think the Body control module/seat ECU is fucked, but like anything that's been sat you'll find more problems as you go through.

That £250 will quickly become three times that, especially if you're trying to hunt down unobtainium parts 

I stopped to look at it when I drove past and it just didn't look rough at all, couldn't see any rust other than a tiny bit around sunroof.  But for an almost 30 year old car it's remarkably clean.  I think the owner thinks it's worse than it is and he's made sod all effort actually trying to sell it other than a single Twitter post so not really giving the car the chance it derserves.

Surely someone on here can save this?

30 minutes ago, Arthur-walker said:

I stopped to look at it when I drove past and it just didn't look rough at all, couldn't see any rust other than a tiny bit around sunroof.  But for an almost 30 year old car it's remarkably clean.  I think the owner thinks it's worse than it is and he's made sod all effort actually trying to sell it other than a single Twitter post so not really giving the car the chance it derserves.

Surely someone on here can save this?

It's a £250 car that no one on here seems to want to save.

Sometimes if you want a job doing you've got to do it yourself.  

53 minutes ago, Arthur-walker said:

I would have had the skills, hoping someone with alittle more skill than me might be intersted.

The transport cost is the biggest problem for anyone that might be interested. It would cost at least £400 to get it to me and I've already got 2x R25s 

17 minutes ago, Arthur-walker said:

I didn't think sense was a big factor in saving shite old cars on here!

Sense no, but I think a lot of us don’t have money to chuck hand over fist at transport sadly as it doesn’t add value so to speak. If this was on my patch I’d probably be trailering it home at £250, but I can’t justify a drive to Scotland and back from Brighton as that would effectively spunk the repair budget.

Maybe we should draw up a shiters catchment area map, with mentalists members shown on it along with their impulsive shite buying zone. We can be like a form of car take back that devalues the local property values.

3 hours ago, Rust Collector said:

Maybe we should draw up a shiters catchment area map, with mentalists members shown on it along with their impulsive shite buying zone. We can be like a form of car take back that devalues the local property values.

Just so we're clear. I've now moved as far away from this car as possible.

21 hours ago, Rust Collector said:

Such a thing does exist, sort of...

On 4/19/2021 at 7:42 AM, Floatylight said:

Don't think it's been updated for a while, though.

9 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

How do you add to this?

Members who were cool to have the first half of their postcode made public just left a post on the original thread, and it then had to be manually added to the map by the map creator - in this case Floatylight.

Or I guess a new map could be set up, using the original data provided and then expanded upon?

1 minute ago, Datsuncog said:

Members who were cool to have the first half of their postcode made public just left a post on the original thread, and it then had to be manually added to the map by the map creator - in this case Floatylight.

Or I guess a new map could be set up, using the original data provided and then expanded upon?

I'm still about, happy to update just been busy with work stuff 🙂

I was imagining of some kind of Autoshite war room where the dedicated could fervently check the location of an absolute wreck on marketplace for £200 that must* be saved, against locations of shiters and A-frames etc. 😅

0d14002d9b31800fa42370e1adc740a0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Contact has been made with the owner, Daniel. If anyone wants his number and can save the car please let me know, I don’t think he wants much money for the car, below is what I’ve been told: 

It’ll run and drive well with a jump, though actually driving it is another matter. The electric drivers seat is stuck fully reclined and needs a new ECU apparently. According to the garage, that’s all that’s stopping it passing an MOT. Although with it having sat so long, issues are starting to arise. The roof rust is gaining an unfortunate hold, the drivers door trim was disassembled and needs refitting and obviously the seat is the biggest issue. There are probably other minor things I’m missing but those are the major points.

But apart from that, if these things were sorted I’m fairly certain she’d see the road again, though I’m no expert.

I don't understand why he doesn't just fit a new ECU and fix the issue with the seat or advertise it and give someone the chance to actually rescue it, he's posted it on twitter with a very limited audience but nowhere else as far as I can see. It can't be saved if hardly anyone knows about it being available.

Swapping the seat for a manual seems like a good idea or getting an ECU is easy, i've looked and theres a few on ebay for  around £20.  For the money (£250 he was asking) a little rust on the roof and having to fit a door trim isn't much to complain about.

All the more reason to just punt it on facebook or ebay and be done with it.  If it goes to a banger racer so be it but at least it gives it some chance of being saved or providing someone else with rare parts rather than saying he really doesn't want to scrap it but is close to doing so because nobody has taken him up on it .. but he's not even bothered to advertise it anywhere .  Normally people admit defeat after actually trying to sell it!  Just seems a waste of a  rare car with such low miles that someone out there might actually want to rescue if they knew about it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...