That Lovejoy Safrane

Petrolize

Ah yes, I would definitely participate in a group buy, I still have an ABS pump and all brake calipers for sale, should anyone actually need them for this (they'd be dirt cheap). As mentioned previously, my ex-Safrane V6 is with catsinthewelder right now (would be good to get an update on that as well). He'll also have all the service manuals you'll ever need to diagnose any potential issues.

On 5/23/2020 at 3:39 PM, Schaefft said:

Ah yes, I would definitely participate in a group buy, I still have an ABS pump and all brake calipers for sale, should anyone actually need them for this (they'd be dirt cheap). As mentioned previously, my ex-Safrane V6 is with catsinthewelder right now (would be good to get an update on that as well). He'll also have all the service manuals you'll ever need to diagnose any potential issues.

It still runs beautifully but an ABS light has stopped me from taking it for an MOT (along with lockdown).  A fairly cheap sale has been arranged on here by PM as I'm overun with projects at the moment and not making much progress with any of them even during lockdown has been a bit of an eye opener.  Good to know that you have those parts available.  I really like it but I'm only keeping one project car and it's the Dacia.  It's next owner is doing enough running around to convince me that it's going to a good home.

FAO: @catsinthewelder; @flat4alfa

Re: the V6 that seems to have been passed around the members of this forum like a spliff at a student house party - can the message be passed onto the next owner that whenever the time comes for a brisk liquidation of assets, that s/he has a guaranteed buyer for this prime piece of merde de luxe? Or, should this sale go inexplicably tits up, that my orifice office is always open for business.

15 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

It will probably need to be orifice, because Renault.

My somewhat-knackered 5 Series has left me well and truly widened in an alarmingly short space of time, so an ageing Gallic luxobarge should be able to slip in without touching the sides at this point.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Sadly the Lovejoy Safrane seems to be sitting unloved.  Apparantly it's suffered some electrical problems with the drivers chair no longer reclining and some other possible minor issues but nothing that warrants it being abandoned / scrapped.  Just less than a year before it made an appearnce at the Festival of Unexceptional.  It would be nice if the current owner offered it up for sale so someone with the skills to fix it so it can rescue it, this has to be the lowest mileage Safrane in the UK  or one of them and it's sad to see it sitting apparantley abandoned on the street outside a garage! 

On 2/2/2022 at 7:50 PM, Six-cylinder said:

It is not Andyrew and I, we have a grey one.

IMG_20211003_154938 broad.jpg

Any news on it?

There's one on cars and classics for a grand right now, which indeed might have been the best cared for Safrane in the UK. Unfortunately it has deteriorated a bit somewhat recently. Only a grand though.

1 hour ago, Schaefft said:

Any news on it?

There's one on cars and classics for a grand right now, which indeed might have been the best cared for Safrane in the UK. Unfortunately it has deteriorated a bit somewhat recently. Only a grand though.

Progress has ground to a bit of a halt, Will updates its thread when i get a bit of time on it. 

20221016_174403.thumb.jpg.f6b3b5063550ed06d45f030bbc6f66ea.jpg

20221016_141415.thumb.jpg.f1822ac7964b9de1fa24314ac1ff6081.jpg

11 hours ago, Arthur-walker said:

Sadly the Lovejoy Safrane seems to be sitting unloved.  Apparantly it's suffered some electrical problems with the drivers chair no longer reclining and some other possible minor issues but nothing that warrants it being abandoned / scrapped.  Just less than a year before it made an appearnce at the Festival of Unexceptional.  It would be nice if the current owner offered it up for sale so someone with the skills to fix it so it can rescue it, this has to be the lowest mileage Safrane in the UK  or one of them and it's sad to see it sitting apparantley abandoned on the street outside a garage! 

That’s a pity, the owner seemed to be an enthusiast, the car was featured in a magazine. Are you nearby the garage it’s abandoned at? 

3033A962-20EB-4551-87B3-4EC56DCC5E8E.jpeg

I thought about reaching out to the owner to see if they would be interested in selling it but I don't particularly posess the electrical skills to rescue it myself but hopefully someone else will.   Always had a soft spot for Safranes and I thought about buying this when it was for sale i think on here years ago.

anyone fancy a project?

On 10/22/2022 at 11:57 AM, Arthur-walker said:

I thought about reaching out to the owner to see if they would be interested in selling it but I don't particularly posess the electrical skills to rescue it myself but hopefully someone else will.   Always had a soft spot for Safranes and I thought about buying this when it was for sale i think on here years ago.

anyone fancy a project?

Maybe get in touch and see if the owner would ever sell the car, he may just say no. If they say yes I am sure someone on the forum would take the car on. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With it being in the Glasgow area the cost of transport would be reason enough for most to not even consider it, even when sold under scrap value. I still very much think these cars deserve saving, especially a low mileage example like this one. Spares are hard to come by in the UK, not so much in Germany or especially France. Just needs that one person to commit to it. If I had the space one of the first things I'd do is buy back the forum Safrane.

With it being in the Glasgow area the cost of transport would be reason enough for most to not even consider it, even when sold under scrap value. I still very much think these cars deserve saving, especially a low mileage example like this one. Spares are hard to come by in the UK, not so much in Germany or especially France. Just needs that one person to commit to it. If I had the space one of the first things I'd do is buy back the forum Safrane.

Every time I see this thread lately I forget where the car is and get excited thinking there’s a cheap Safrane project that I can take on, then I see it’s a 16+ hour round trip from where I am on the south coast along with about £350-400 in petrol for the 4x4 and trailer 😢

3 hours ago, Rust Collector said:

Every time I see this thread lately I forget where the car is and get excited thinking there’s a cheap Safrane project that I can take on, then I see it’s a 16+ hour round trip from where I am on the south coast along with about £350-400 in petrol for the 4x4 and trailer 😢

Tbf delivery on a transporter would be about 400 so you would at least not have to worry about the time investment.

3 hours ago, Rust Collector said:

Stop by on your way home, I'll stick the kettle oan. 😂

Tbf delivery on a transporter would be about 400 so you would at least not have to worry about the time investment.

It's still a fair old whack of money before you've started the project though - the best outcome would be somebody local taking it on, hopefully leaving enough of a margin in it to sort it and resell it or keep it for a bit. What do we reckon one of these is worth once up an running?

28 minutes ago, Rust Collector said:

It's still a fair old whack of money before you've started the project though - the best outcome would be somebody local taking it on, hopefully leaving enough of a margin in it to sort it and resell it or keep it for a bit. What do we reckon one of these is worth once up an running?

If I had a guess about a grand. So definitely a bit of profit if it's local.

• 1 month later...