BMW E65 7 Series - The Chris Bangle One - Discuss

S2000

Mine was a 728i. Adequate poke for decent progress, smooth, quiet and handled beautifully. I’d have another in a heartbeat if it came in exactly the same spec as the one above, anything better would be a bonus.

There was a website about E38s where the owner had a very nice 740i Individual in Mora Metallic. It was almost sexual.

10 hours ago, 83C said:

Look at the picture below. It contains every reason you need not to buy an E65:

728i Sport

Best looking modern car ever^^^  

I'm really enjoying the big, cheap luxo-power-barging nature of my first German V8... the A8's nowhere near as good-looking as the Beemer but has a lot of presence (I also think the interior's one of the best going).  These great old cars are insanely cheap, and more diy-able than I thought.  I went for the A8 for the aluminium body, and my experience with the old Coupe's V6 engine really made me want it's big brother.  Recently discovered the exhausts are stainless from the factory too!  

My only stint of BMW ownership was a B-reg 528 (e28?), an absolutely beautiful thing with a great straight six.  Terminally rotten, it was beyond me at the time, sold it to a couple of guys who wanted to weld it up and rag it round the 'ring.  Always hoped it at least went out in a blaze of glory!

But yeah, an immaculate e38 in that colour would be the first thing I'd buy post lottery win.

Do not entertain this particular one, it's been around the forums warning about it, and it had a smack up the front, and they haven't even bothered replaced the scuffed front number plate, which hardly inspires confidence in the rest of the repairs.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk