1996 Peugeot 806 SRDT (Eurovan)

alcyonecorporation

I always fancied one of these, they look great for hauling motorcycles around, is there much height at the tailgate?

Like most right thinking people (or weirdos like us) I've always fancied a van but they are all proper fucked by the time they hit shed money. Something like this is a far better bet

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, They_all_do_that_sir said:

I always fancied one of these, they look great for hauling motorcycles around, is there much height at the tailgate?

Like most right thinking people (or weirdos like us) I've always fancied a van but they are all proper fucked by the time they hit shed money. Something like this is a far better bet

Can get a measuring tape on it. You can always strip a comfy MPV down but it's harder to add amenities to a van, even though they're basically the same thing. I wonder how many Scudo/Expert owners went and snagged seats from Eurovans? 

@strangeangel an ex BBC OB (Radio Warwickshire) 806 was on eBay fairly recently. Radio Lancashire had one when I was there. 

Keep forgetting you worked for Radio (b)leeds;  I used to do their traffic and travel. Ain't no 'outbreak of horses' in the Dartford Tunnel (the most Day Today I ever got to sound), but never mind. 

Once the ISDN booth dialled me but didn't connect properly; I did the bulletin but it was out of sync and all the broadcast mix got was me saying 'Hello???' over the bed; Greg James' producer heard it, and I ended up on Radio 1 during his 'Radio Fail' segment. 'This guy, right, he just isn't there.' 

Otherwise, does anyone know of a 5 seater 806 being broken anywhere? I need the rails off the third row side trims (or the trims themselves). 
Managed to snag a 5 seat parcel shelf online. 

For quotes the quote button at the bottom left is good, the + next to it is for multiple quotes so press that instead.

On my phone I can press on the bit of a post I want and can then quote that bit (can also extend or shrink the quote section selected)1767863309_Screenshot_20200514-1120522.thumb.png.25693aebe8b820d377b6c2636db7da48.png

Edit, like so.

1418768556_Screenshot_20200514-1124502.thumb.png.0f051b88601075693a6c6b9a15956eb4.png

I'm using the tapatalk app which is hardier for posting stuff but doesn't always display peoples pictures so I have to go back to web view for that....

Ah, is that a known issue then, I always wondered why I could only ever see half the pictures people post when using Tapatalk.

20 hours ago, alcyonecorporation said:

Mine has the twin sunroofs; they leak and wobble a bit, but they're drowned out by the bloody hinged rear windows, which move electrically on a button, a weird extravagance on a trim level one off the bottom.

Yes! With the aircraft style switches up above you, next to the mirror.

If you open them too far they make horrible crunching noises. They did on the Ulysse anyway.

4 hours ago, alcyonecorporation said:

@strangeangel an ex BBC OB (Radio Warwickshire) 806 was on eBay fairly recently. 

That was a late survivor! LOF got gutted and scrapped in 2017, along with most of the other ones I knew about, sadly. Thread drift warning: there's a really good post from about 8 years ago by @JohnDeere here full of shite old radio vehicles.

My friend had an N-reg Synergie a few years back. Was a superb thing and had been to the moon and back mileage wise. He replaced it with a Mondeo, and I was all ready to make a low ball offer to take it off his hands.... until I discovered he had given it away!

In fairness he gave it to a family who had no car and were really struggling. He was a nice bloke was Dave. Anyway that really adds nothing to your thread, sorry.

I guess what I’m trying to say  is... I like that. Would. 

On 5/13/2020 at 3:09 PM, alcyonecorporation said:

Mine has the twin sunroofs; they leak and wobble a bit, but they're drowned out by the bloody hinged rear windows, which move electrically on a button, a weird extravagance on a trim level one off the bottom. 

The noisiest things are the roof bars, which go BBBBBBBBHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHBBBBBBBBBBBPPPPPPPRRRRBBBBBB when the right wind hits them.

Wrap thin rope or something around the bars. Mine in the picasso drummed and hummed really loud but I found wrapping rope around them disturbs the turbulence and quietens them down.

20200519_121149.jpg

On 5/14/2020 at 9:02 AM, They_all_do_that_sir said:

I had my mates tatty old Suzuki Gsf600  in the back of mine once, with room to spare. From memory, we had to drop the handlebars to clear the tailgate though. 

The 5 seat parcel shelf must be a bit of a score?

Can't imagine many people in the UK bought the 5 seat version, surely 99% must have been 7 seaters.

And yes, poncing the seats for a van (particularly fronts) is very common for camper converters etc. EV1 seats fit MK1 or 2 vans.

10 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

The 5 seat parcel shelf must be a bit of a score?

Can't imagine many people in the UK bought the 5 seat version, surely 99% must have been 7 seaters.

And yes, poncing the seats for a van (particularly fronts) is very common for camper converters etc. EV1 seats fit MK1 or 2 vans.

Even the poncy 6 seat 'Pullman' 806s were more popular than the 5 benchers. 

The shelf itself  is grey rather than labrador beige, but beggars can't be choosers: it fits the well worn aesthetic (a e s t h e t i c) of the van to a tee. 

I just need the side rails or the complete trim sides and I have a five seater should I want it (and I do). I'll sleep under it rather than relying on blinds all the way around. 
I bought an OEM bike rack from the same seller which straps the bike upright inside the cabin using the seat mounting points. 

Mine came with a triple bench, but I didn't want a minibus; I  also think the safety aspect of turning anyone unlucky enough to sit there into a crumple zone cannot be ignored. 

I wouldn't want my worst enemy to be rear ended like that. 

Mainly because I'd have run them over first. 

Are the rear triple benches worth owt to punt on?

EV2 ones are still reasonably expensive (£250ish) as some are still in use as actual people carriers and need 8 seats. 

I imagine with these there are less still in use as transport and more being used for NO PERMIT FOR THE TIP M8 ON VEG?

I've had three of these, they're brilliant. Triple rear bench would be worth something, you just need the right Nigerian family on their way to umpteen church gatherings buyer at the right time.

I think on paper a Galaxy of similar vintage is bigger, but a Eurovan is squarer and so in practice you can get more stuff in.

I once nearly bought one if these. It had 6 individual seats in it,leather seat outers and green and yellow check centres. It was some sort of special edition trim level with digital climate control,dark metallic green paint,alloys and a 1.9 dt engine. I didnt buy it because it smoked like an old foden and stink of dog. 

8 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

Are the rear triple benches worth owt to punt on?

EV2 ones are still reasonably expensive (£250ish) as some are still in use as actual people carriers and need 8 seats. 

I imagine with these there are less still in use as transport and more being used for NO PERMIT FOR THE TIP M8 ON VEG?

I punted mine on for £50. 

I've had two of these. One was a blue 1.9td synergie vsx which was an ex taxi. Had about 250k on it when I bought it. Gear linkage was fucked and was hit and miss whether you'd select 3rd or 5th.

Second one was an N-Reg Ulysse in Red with the 2-l8tr pez engine. It was a great load hauler and used it as a removals van for my mate. Managed to fit everything from her 2-bed house in there (multiple trips of course).

I think the electric tilt windows for the back 3rd row seats are a nice touch. 

Keypad immobilisor is shit on these though but easy to disable.

The 806 Eden Park was in the one to have in these though. Leather with check insert and all the bells and whistles!

Screenshot_20200520-191220_Gumtree.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-191211_Gumtree.jpg

Screenshot_20200520-191229_Gumtree.jpg