Judge my Convertibles!!!

Six-cylinder

My preferences, based on anticipated grin factor ( I do enjoy poking around under the bonnet / tightening things up  as well as driving them)

Vitesse

Sebring

MX5

Merc

Pug

BMW

Having both a Herald convertible and a GM Saab 900 convertible I can confirm they both have significant flexibility mainly limited by the door catches on the B post. Best not to watch how the gap changes there.

My vote would be:

Vitesse, just because I remember them when I was young.

Merc, because, as has been mentioned already, convertibles should be comfy, wafty things.

MX5, true summer car. 

Pug, good shopping car.

BMW. convertibles should be  automatic, saying that my Renault is a manual.

Sebring.  Don't know much about these.

Have just realised that you must be "the other" member of the Bucks sebring owners club.... Membership of two.

My friend has the Milton Keynes one.

Utterly silly car - Eats front pads and discs, can't corner, struggles to get into double digit consumption figures.

His reason for buying it? The cup holder can warm a cup or cool a cup. ?

48 minutes ago, Jifflemon said:

Have just realised that you must be "the other" member of the Bucks sebring owners club.... Membership of two.

My friend has the Milton Keynes one.

Utterly silly car - Eats front pads and discs, can't corner, struggles to get into double digit consumption figures.

His reason for buying it? The cup holder can warm a cup or cool a cup. ?

Maybe we could arrange to meet your friend once lockdown is over.

Sebring 01 broad.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jifflemon said:

oooo there must be a 3rd then! His (and it's doppleganger) are the later(?) model. Both in silver.

I got this is Glasgow last November, 2002 Sebring Limited in light met blue.

We are not aware of the heating cooling thing with the cup holders. Agree not a great drive, but drives ok like a soft saloon. High 20s has been our fuel consumption. Says 200 bhp but feels a lot less and not just ours as I have driven lots of these in the US.

Quality was always poor and I must have looked at six in the UK over several years before we found one I felt was fit to buy.

P1120361 broad.jpg