My 1962 Vauxhall Victor FB

trigger

That looks bloody lovely.  I had one of these about 15 years ago - that was also 3 on the tree but I could never get all the gears working at once, however many times I adjusted it - it was either first and reverse or second and third.  I gave up in the end and sold it - it later turned out that there was a bush missing from the selector mechanism.  Rock solid that car was too.

Can I have a go when we're allowed out to play again?

I do miss the one that I'd see out and about regularly when I lived up in the North East.  Out in pretty much all weathers, sounded and smelled great as it trundled past.  Looking forward to getting to an East Coast meet at some point, hopefully get to check this one of yours out or whatever else you take along, you've got a very nice collection of things.

201511-10.jpg.6f366817c9336b1c99ffeb2b4b5ff29b.jpg

That looks like a lovely old barge. I think the wood dashes were fitted to the fancier "Deluxe" models, although I could be wrong... It certainly looks like it'd be tarted up a bit bit pre accident as it also has wheel trims.

The colour scheme really suits it, even the not-so-stock duo-tone interior. I bet it's great to waft about in with the 3 on the tree.

That's the one! It's the previous owners wife beside him who passed away in January in that photo, she was a lovely lady always on hand with homemade cakes! 

He rang me this morning to say that he had several boxes of spares to collect including a front and rear screen so as he lives near my work I'll get them collected on the way home tomorrow. 

Thanks for the nice comments by the way :)

10 hours ago, captain_70s said:

That looks like a lovely old barge. I think the wood dashes were fitted to the fancier "Deluxe" models, although I could be wrong... It certainly looks like it'd be tarted up a bit bit pre accident as it also has wheel trims.

The colour scheme really suits it, even the not-so-stock duo-tone interior. I bet it's great to waft about in with the 3 on the tree.

You’ve just reminded me of something that confused me for years.  The FB Victor (and 101) range was base, Super, deLuxe whereas Ford used base, deLuxe, Super for the MK1 &2 Cortina.

I will have a dig through my Practical Classics box in the loft too as i'm sure i was sitting up there a while back flicking through some and recall the two FB's pictured together.

Kevin Leaper (ex Kent Rac patrol so i sort of knew him) took it off of Danny's hands with a view to repair it.

I must admit i am not much of a Vauxhall fan but this is rather cool so as usual well bought sir.

3 minutes ago, Vantman said:

Martin Walter,New Dover Road,Canterbury,i learnt a lot there as they were multiple franchise dealers,Vauxhall-Bedford,Standard Triumph,Jaguar,Rolls Royce etc..

Were they the guys that did the minibus conversions on Bedford vans too ?

I was an apprentice at G.Wells and sons in Strood (Vauxhall,Opel,Bedford no less).

Back in the early 80's i would often get sent out in the battered workshop CF to collect parts from The Chatham motor Co,Greens of Rainham and the dealer in Maidstone who's name escapes me.

Remembered it,Drake and Fletcher.