Cento's fleet past and present au revoir Volvo, bonjour Shaguar, 924's, french shite, Xantia Activa 😎....

Cento16v

80 Miles done in the Jag today, roofboxed and fully loaded up.

20220829_130059.thumb.jpg.ab0967f9f6afb1e74e2276ce3c7076b9.jpg

A roofbox is a very loud addition to a car, I had no idea how noisy it would be above 60!

Computer says 44.2 MPGees for the journey, and it's pretty accurate so it has made a fair difference to economy.

Especially so, as I didn't go particularly quickly as I was been careful as the roofbox was full, and we had the dog, who is sick when you put her in the car, before you even set off, let alone when your yumping over the moors.

Car behaved impeccably, love it 😀😎

• 5 months later...

Well, no fun updates as such. Both V70 and XF will be off to pastures new this year, as I'm ordering a Cupra Formentor VZ3 245 eHybrid as a company car 😔

Makes sense from a tax perspective, and I've put it off as long as I could.

So i'm hoping to get a 184ps Octavia Scout or VRS 4x4 estate to replace the XF and V60, and a Porsche 924 or Boxster.

I really miss having a proper fun car, and an older car, so ideally 924, but Boxsters arent exactly new now, so either will do.

Both Jag and V60 just went for MOT and passed witb no issue as always, i'll miss them both, V60 more so, weirdly. The V60 is a proper Volvo, and feels like both a new, and old Volvo, which is hard to explain.

Its very well built, but also handles in a way the P2 never could. A P2 R wouldnt see which way the V60 went down a b road, unless it had some very big straights. 

The XF is a beautiful car, powerful, luxurious and fun. 

But its also massive, and my wife hates driving it due to its size, so no point keeping it, its not exactly a weekend car, even though thats basically what its been! Only done about 7k miles in 2 years!

So, we shall see, coukd be a much different year for cars this year!

20221205_220427.thumb.jpg.9ac9bbe51538b90b791bae797bf99f4e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Temporary company car coming very shortly, so looks like time is up for the Jag, and then the V60 (which I think has already found a new home).

Anyone want to buy an XF 🤷‍♂️

Will have to take my plate off it and then get it sold as there's not room for all of these cars now.

Getting a Qashqai 158 MHEV until the order fulfilment is done for the Cupra, can't complain, looks decent enough.

Will miss this old beast though 😔

20220829_144722.thumb.jpg.59a602a71036eaa8d13b21034815cebf.jpg

I'll miss the V60 as well, it's been a very good car, never let us down, and is comfy, practical, very economical and quick enough when needed.

Also handles leagues ahead of my old S60, which I'd spent a fortune on Bilstein Dampers, Polestar Springs, poly bushed arms and anti roll bars to try and improve.

It's also a good looking car, especially on its winter wheels.

Screenshot_20230310_145608_Twitter.thumb.jpg.2bc2ce2701856cdfe69353f71e01a63d.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

All change in car world 🤷

No Cupra now, 18 month waiting list!

Changed to a Kuga ST Line X PHEV.

It's big, aaand that's all I know, seems to have a decent spec.

Hopefully V60 is going to a friend, as it's too nice to trade in, it's been looked after so would rather it did a good turn.

Need to sort out selling the Jag, I CBA dealing with the public, anyone had any success with Motorway? I guess it wouldn't sell on here? 

Shame it's going as its still under (proper) warranty that would pay for a new engine, gearbox etcs if it failed, even if it was 9k etc.

But its too big for the Wife (ooer missus) and it has to go 😐

She really wants a Countryman or Paceman Cooper S All4, would be 2.0 Diesel as we all know the Petrol is a time bomb when turbo'd, and my own Cooper S was a menace to my wallet, and I don't think the 2.0d is a paragon of reliability, but, everything has its faults.

I wanted a XC60 but apparently too big, maybe a 5 Door Cooper S would work 🤷

We used Motorway to sell my wife's Captur when she changed a couple of months ago, must admit it was pretty painless.

You have to take loads of photos with their specific app and mention every mark so they can't chip you down.

We got offered what we thought was well over the odds for the state of the car. As I'd declared everything the only thing they could find to attempt to chip us on was "the front brake pads need doing soon" which they wanted £100 off for. We made a sad face and took their money.

So in short I would recommend, take a few days and a phone call to get it sorted on their website but if its anywhere close to retail age/quality someone will give much better money than WBAC etc and they did just come and take it away as arranged with bank transfer on collection.

It is in very good condition for its age, so I'll try give it a go once we're back from the van next week.

WBAC offered 6k so they can gtf, similar ones are 12k on eBay at dealers.

This needs no reconditioning, matching Dunlop's, good brakes, no big dents etcs, so they should give a decent price hopefully.

• 1 month later...

Well the V60 has been sold 😞

It shall certainly be missed, it was a brilliant car, and only forced out by my company car, and wanting to keep the Jaaaaaag.

The wife is using my temporary company car for work duties currently, which is a new Audi A3 Sportback 30 TFSi.

Long name, shite car, not a patch on the Volvo or Jag, progress eh!

It's both slow and not particularly economical, but it is better on fuel than the big Jag, so makes sense for her to use it day to day.

She has been managing with the Jag, over the tops to work every day, but, it is a bit big for what she needs, and once my Kuga turns up we don't really need two big cars so I might reconsider it, looked at Minis but they're just shite, and not in a good way.

Tempted by a C70, as I still haven't had a convertible, and for less than 10k I reckon I could pick whichever one I wanted.

Will have to have a think, I'm rubbish at finding cars when I need one.

• 4 weeks later...

This is very hard work.

It's not easy finding a car that is not too small, or too big, or too plasticky, or too fancy 🤷

I think we need a Yeti.

Or a Scirocco.

Or a TT.

Or a V40 T5.

Or a C30 T5.

Or a Fiesta ST.

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh, and so on.