BX saddos assemble!

richykitchy

We had a 1.9d estate for a few years that was great considering everyone else considered it end of life.  It was G reg and we got it in 1999 with a snapped timing belt and in need of spheres, accumulator, a good service etc.  I can’t remember the reg sadly.

A friend had a nice 16v.  Pretty sure it was H474 YGF.

• 5 months later...

K782TDD

A 1.9 TXD, dark blue with a lovely velour trim interior. Smelled gloriously of rubber and adhesive. A company car for me, from new, alas for less than a year iirc, as i moved jobs within the company and 'couldn't take it with me'. Went to a very young colleague who said he wrote it off "at night, avoiding a fox. But its handling was lethal anyway". Yeah, righto.

Tbf, it was a Friday car, often leaving me stranded when it refused to pump up. Garage, a main dealer, were perplexed, so it never was conclusively fixed. I was still much aggrieved at giving it up though, and would gladly have another, though a TZD Turbo would be better.

Oddly, it seems the V5 last moved in 1999, so perhaps it survived the fox incident, but 7 years is still a woeful short life.

I suppose I had better put mine on her. 
H124LFX.
Very well known in the CCC and on here. Bought 2017. I had big plans for it, but after spending a wedge on money on I kind of fell out of love with it. Now moved on and living in Bristol. That was put on the register.

C2783B33-0D60-4F0A-A359-383C99216DA1.thumb.jpeg.20c477d5f4e2e3caa73c5551f4f888b3.jpeg

K394NDM. 
Bought in June of last year. Put on about 5000miles over the year, moving stuff between Derby and Dunoon. Had new brakes, disks. Recently the speedo cable failed, so took the opportunity to replace the bulbs in the dash, and repair the none working Rev counter.  Not sure if this has been put on the register before. Must get around to doing it.

F7A399EA-913B-43E3-A50B-921AB5EE9DF7.thumb.jpeg.068757cbfba89b7cfa87d1dd645ea341.jpeg

F181DGE, a white TZI (or was it TRi) estate, dubbed The Fridge, for obvious reasons, owned briefly by a mate. Despite being far from concourse, or even previously well maintained, it flew and was very comfy while doing so. Why he sold it on is a mystery to both of us.

G720HWG. A 16RS ‘Pilot’  (GTi seats in black velour - hmmm) I owned for about two years from mid ‘96. It had its share of glitches - mostly engine/electrics. The much feared (by some) suspension was just fine. 

B61A4380-FE7F-4D2A-8099-9893A81C6FF0.jpeg

C5C63487-48BF-44FC-A47A-42542EBC2907.jpeg

My grandparents had H564 VRH in the early 90s, a 14 St Tropez which was one of the 36 billion special editions they did. It was basically a povvo spec 14 with a sunroof and snazzy graphics on the side. They only had it for about 18 months as my grandad had a stroke and gave up driving and my gran couldn't get on with it so it was traded in for a ZX 1.4 Reflex J946 HKH