Truck/Train/Station Photograph

Saabnut

I was uncertain whether to put this in the truck or train thread, so thought I would stick it in its own thread. If it gets moved I will not be upset :-)

I know where the photograph was taken (but for fun will see if anyone else knows where it is) and the fact the photograph was taken between 1955 and 1966. I have been asked to identify the make/model of truck and to see if I could narrow down the year. I am not an expert on these things, but I am fairly sure it is a Ford Thames and would date from the early 60s but over to you.....

Anon.thumb.jpg.ada57aadd1c8ba350aa3f143d7f216cf.jpg

I reckon it might be a line that doesn't exist anymore.

The big chimney says there's some industry, such as a mill, but the open space to the right suggest the place isn't that big.  

I don't think its anywhere between Aberdeen and Dundee, might be somewhere in Fife.

14 minutes ago, Tayne said:

Apologies, I've just noticed there's a distillery along the road.  

Don't think its Aberfeldy though,

The route of the closed line wouldn't face the distillery that way so I suspect my guess was wrong. 

4 hours ago, HMC said:

Wow 1919 and still in service- (disclaimer I know nothing about trains but love the pic) so it was up to 45 years old at the time. 

My maths says that's 47 years, but there's still Class 20 locos around that are now nearly 60 years old (and some 37's as well) still being used on some freight runs.

Nice, me and a friend looked moderately seriously at buying the Inverbervie CEW radar station when it came up for sale a few years back.  While it's an odd site it seemed fantastic value for money.

Big three bed house, views that people would give their right arm for, *and* a 9000 square foot bunker, which was in downroght astonishingly good order.  Was designated as mixed use as well so there wouldn't have been headaches in setting up a business there.

Asking price was £225K.  Looking at the place we're living in now it seems an absolute bargain.