Catford/m25 junc 4 -MK cylinder head help!

ianbmw

There is a cylinder head on ebay I really really really really need,but its collection only.

Is anyone heading North from Catford SE London or passing junc 4 of the M25 who could get it as close as possible to Milton Keynes?

I'm a law abiding citizen and I'm not willing to appear on the news for being "that guy" who went to pick up an ebay purchase.

Not asking anyone to make a special journey,but happy to cover costs.....provide beer......make a almost impossible guarantee for "premier " parking at the next Festival Of The Unexceptional....

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

in all honesty, buying a cylinder head for a car would be in my book an essential purchase, especially if its to repair a stranded, broken car.
its not like buying a double glazed window or a puppy which is what other folks have been done for.

The car has been broken for a while and whilst I suspect I may "blag" my way out of a ticket.....I'd much prefer to play by the rules of life.

No plans to go North any time soon, but if you're really stuck I can swing by Catford next time I'm in London to see my missus. Probably not this weekend but the weekend after? There are definitely others who are closer and can probably do it before then, but I'll put my name down for a last resort if the guy really doesn't want to hold it indefinitely for you...

12 hours ago, ianbmw said:

Seller doesnt really want to wrap it......I've tried!

He's only got to put it in a box.

Parcelfarce managed OK with my gearbox, described as an 'alloy casting'. 28kg for £30ish. Would have cost more in petrol to fetch, and a head shouldn't need much wrapping beyond sticking in a box.