ALFA 166 ROFFLE WIN- life as a winner!

andyberg

• andyberg changed the title to ALFA 166 ROFFLE WIN-collection today!
14 minutes ago, Kringle said:

I thought a couple of undercover cops had turned up and I was conjuring up an excuse for being there. Good to meet you Andy.

Yeah, black vectra will do that I guess. Good to meet you too, I'll do my best with the Alfa. 

All home now, so by no means an epic collection. 

Firstly @Cookiesouwest and @Kringle both top blokes, good to meet people you read about on here. Will be good to have a forum meet when all this blows over.

Second, first impressions? What a car, glorious sound, comfort in buckets and I just have to think and its around the corners before I know it. 

SWMBO, one reaction... ?

2 minutes ago, andyberg said:

All home now, so by no means an epic collection. 

Firstly @Cookiesouwest and @Kringle both top blokes, good to meet people you read about on here. Will be good to have a forum meet when all this blows over.

Second, first impressions? What a car, glorious sound, comfort in buckets and I just have to think and its around the corners before I know it. 

SWMBO, one reaction... ?

Lol when notification came through I had been tagged, thought it would be you asking for a lift. Cause, you know it's an Alfa ;)

Looks bloody lovely.

I will have 5 tickets please :)

• andyberg changed the title to ALFA 166 ROFFLE WIN- Home safe with her new friend!
3 minutes ago, loserone said:

One of those cars is prettier than the other

@Kringle did mention in the roffle thread that he would look back when he parked anywhere. I can see that, luckily I can see her from my living room window ? The Tacuma has a charm, it is mint. I will declare that I am a lucky man and that I have an ALFA.

• andyberg changed the title to ALFA 166 ROFFLE WIN- life as a winner!

So here we are the next day. Now, after the awesomeness of winning a roffle, and picking up the car how are things?

Again thanks to @Cookiesouwest and @Kringle for being thoroughly  decent chaps.

We took it to our local* supermarket today in Wells, the first time we have been to a big supermarket in about a month. The Alfa is just sublime to drive, you are held by the seats but they are not too firm. The steering is so direct, just small movements have you cornering well. It does like to be revved I don't think it is much of a potterer, I need to rethink how I drive ? But the way it goes does seem to encourage you to push on a bit, I am glad its not the V6 that's asking for trouble! 

It is a lovely place to sit, it makes you feel special. I love the interior. We even have some approval from Mrs andyberg now, she is impressed with the comfort. Unfortunately one of the rear windows decided to do an Alfa and stop working, it looks like it has either come off the runner or, more likely, the regulator has parted ways with itself. Its no biggie and I'll sort it at some point. It is one of those cars that you just cant help looking at, and wanting to drive. And I cant wait to listen to some of my old cassettes, YES!

For what is essentially a £10 car I cannot be anything other than deeply impressed, even if I had paid full going rate I would still be impressed. My fleet consists of autoshite vehicles, but they are completely chalk and cheese. 

There are a few things I would like to do, when job security kicks in again and after the MOT. The roof needs looking at, I think a respray will be too expensive so am thinking about a vinyl wrap?? If anyone on here has any other ideas I'm keen to listen. And I'll try to get the 12v socket working so I can keep my phone or sat nav charged. The window is no great shakes, I doubt anyone will be getting in the back anytime soon. I hope the car has many years left in it, my plan is to keep it. I am slightly concerned about my job after the virus but know one knows the future. All being well it will stay with me, even though I seem to have sold 7 roffle tickets already??

I'll do my best to keep you up to date with proceedings. Oh and I know you all like some pictures so here you are.

IMG_20200502_142835.jpg

IMG_20200502_142856.jpg

IMG_20200502_142841.jpg

IMG_20200502_142923.jpg

IMG_20200502_143005.jpg