Taxi plate test Thursday....

Neil clark

So today's job was.....

Adjust handbrake and basically clean it to death! Done a little bit of welding last week, small patch on outer sill

It's ready but for the first time in 12 years I'm not so confident but we will see! Think it's on about 430k now or there abouts

I'm bored so thought I'd share!

IMG-20200427-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20200427-WA0004.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Equihectay said:

Original engine bud? It looks a million times better than the poxy Metrocabs I used to drive in Sussex,gotta be the worst things I've ever driven.

Original engine head gasket went at 280k which was annoying because it was mint. The injectors are a nitemare on the 16v engines so I just had a low mileage 8v engine put in and it's still there lol.  3rd clutch and original gearbox.

Metrocabs are truly awful, if I go to hell then it will be driving one of them! Only did 1 shift in one lol

8 hours ago, Kiltox said:

That’s impressive. How much longer do you plan for it to be in service? Does your local authority have age limits?

They have just started age limiting taxis, I have till 2025 but I think I'm ready to upgrade anyway. As soon as corona fooks off I plan on a 2 year old procab (transit) but got to find the right one first....

3 minutes ago, Neil clark said:

They have just started age limiting taxis, I have till 2025 but I think I'm ready to upgrade anyway. As soon as corona fooks off I plan on a 2 year old procab (transit) but got to find the right one first....

Please contact me when you’re moving this on - I’d love to tool around in a half million mile ex-taxi for a bit :D 

2 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Please contact me when you’re moving this on - I’d love to tool around in a half million mile ex-taxi for a bit :D 

I will mate but honestly you would never guess the miles, it gos in every 6 weeks for a check over and gets anything it needs, I dont cut corners because it always bites you in the bum. 

The paintwork is also really good. Let's hope the tester agrees with me lol

I've JUST fitted a new drivers seat aswell lol so that dont even look sat in

1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

Surprised you managed to find a decent drivers seat - I remember trying to get one for a Trafic and they were either mega money or just as ruined as mine because they’re worked hard!

Got lucky, a basically brand new one from an MGZT. Its half leather yellow and black aswell! 

They fit quite easy in these, fitted a couple