so lockdown has happened and its come to this......Mazda 626 1985

hairnet

Cool Dat.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:16 PM, Conan said:

MOT and insured for another year. Haven't taxed it yet though that's due next week.

Still working great. It's even got a new companion!

FB_IMG_1598386479499.thumb.jpg.30587f6a5902b7b801eb91352e147105.jpg

No, the Datsun is not mine.

Have a 323 of the same vintage, boot seal also leaks. 😄

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have bought this car from hairnet as it doesn't seem likely that he'd be able to use it anytime soon. I have no plan to sell it on right now so consider this a far away AS Bike, indeed if anyone wish to visit this fine* country to try this fine* performance machine just give me a quick notice.

11 hours ago, Conan said:

I have bought this car from hairnet as it doesn't seem likely that he'd be able to use it anytime soon. I have no plan to sell it on right now so consider this a far away AS Bike, indeed if anyone wish to visit this fine* country to try this fine* performance machine just give me a quick notice.

that just gave me an amusing mental image of a  map with all the AS Bikes pinned on it, a bunch of pins all over the UK and then 1 solitary Pin all the way over in Bangkok

and someone going "WUT!!"

phil

stuno

frogchod

they all do that :D

svm (technically a foreign country)

i still wish to visit beige but its looking like feb at teh earliest - and even then it might be no

again - thanks to conan and his dad for help and advice and piss taking :D

khob kun

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Heyyooo, you might think this thing's completely gone. That's not the case.

IMG_20210214_125354.thumb.jpg.f1aaea8c7eb3945b919a177903d749dc.jpg

Late last year the 626 shat it's clutch slave cylinder, right before Covid case spiked and semi-lockdown happened. So I've mothballed this for 2 months. Haven't done a single thing to it. Then as everything eased, my dad went and replaced the slave cylinder and start it up every once in a while. But we don't have the vacuum tool to bleed the system. Today I only just got the chance to visit this bastard thing again.

We bled the system. I treated it to an oil and filter change. Went out for a drive. I haven't driven it for 5 months, almost forgot how brilliant it is. And the clutch is now toight like a toiger.

Then it did this.

IMG_20210214_141543.thumb.jpg.f4625800e4cdc91498f7238136a99007.jpg

Ungrateful shit.

Ps. Forgot to say, as already mentioned, I have actually bought this thing from hairnet.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Holy fucking shit, I still owns this. Haven't seen it in 3 months due to Covid lockdown. But I did just spend 140 quid buying some bits for it (a grand in two days, ouch, more details over the Volvo thread). Forward driving lights, door seals, CV boots. Pretty much hen's teeth at this point so I'm pretty chuffed.

I'll have to wait until Covid restriction to lift until I can do anything to it, however.

183027497_4228425827189556_1786919542061257734_n.thumb.jpg.fcb859e19734b2e60813ff0627626a2d.jpg

• 2 months later...

I ordered more stuff for this thing.

Complete gasket kit (head gasket, manifold gaskets, valve stem seals, front/rear main seals, valve cover gasket, etc. Even little bits and bobs).

Head bolts

Water Pump

I might also soon be ordering some more stuff such as bearing and piston rings.

You don't have to guess what I am planning for this, should be pretty clear. I'll be spending £2,000 to make a car worth £500. Seems the Autoshite way.

• 4 months later...

I still have this thing. I was supposed to take it to a shop to sort out the air con compressor and alternator in September when the area where I store this thing got a flood warning. Do not worry though as I've preemptively moved it to the high grounds and it's perfectly safe even where I normally store it. The area is still flooded though so I can't get to it but maybe in a week or so I'll be able to. 

IMG_20210926_113014.thumb.jpg.e56133c2f8b8b06da6142ea6a2bf3095.jpg

I bought some wheels for it as well. Period correct mesh in 15 inches so I can fit proper tyres on it. I have been looking for a set since forever and it's pretty much perfect. Can't wait to put them on. Not bad for 130£.

IMG_20211011_154846.thumb.jpg.83bc8f7d5a288208ba9c074851f96859.jpg

Maybe when I properly get it back home I'll make a new thread...