Lockdown Quiz!!! c/o Roads.org.uk *answers revealed*

willswitchengage

On 4/25/2020 at 8:02 PM, angle said:

(4) is Aust Ferry but not sure what road it is - as far as I know it were all B-roads round here before the suspension bridge came in 1966. A48? As a transport planner I'm coming back to this... 

17 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

Number 4 is the Aust Ferry, replaced by the original Severn crossing that was the M4, now the M48.

What was the road to it though? I don’t think it was the A48, that runs up the Wales side towards Gloucester.

1 hour ago, Skizzer said:

What was the road to it though? I don’t think it was the A48, that runs up the Wales side towards Gloucester.

Here's a 1960 OS map - unless they're after obscure B-roads I reckon it has to be the A48. On the southern side the closest major road is the A38, but its a mile or so away at Almondsbury. 

image001.png

2 hours ago, angle said:

Here's a 1960 OS map - unless they're after obscure B-roads I reckon it has to be the A48. On the southern side the closest major road is the A38, but its a mile or so away at Almondsbury. 

image001.png

Looking at that map, and as Dylan was traveling from a gig in Bristol to Cardiff it's got to be that B4055

23, The Motorwarn lamps

(two flashing yellow lights to warn of fog on the motorway) "were so temporary in nature that, when Tom Fraser went to the M4 near Heathrow to inaugurate the scheme in front of the press, he was embarrassed to find that a number of them had already been stolen".

47 minutes ago, willswitchengage said:

Good commitment! I think I have found the exact location on streetview. Cheating answers not published :)

Spent ages looking at that road and thinking "driven down there not that long ago".  Eventualy realised it was dodging around the M42.

On 4/27/2020 at 6:51 PM, busmansholiday said:

Reading through the website of the people who set this and 47 is more than likely the A58, Burdock Way in Halifax.

I agree, actually I thought of that before Tinsley but didn't get the reference to an upper deck and didn't think to check the site for it.