Well it had to happen-New car advice?

montytom

It was all going well, I had my Rover 800 Vitesse put in my garage to keep nice for when it gets some welding done and also a full respray,

My S type diesel is running well-According to my dad( as i really dont like the car as it hurts driving it due to my motorcycle accident)

My Mondeo was running well-Was.

The covid-19 issue came about and as I deliver linen to hospitals in a lorry I am allowed to continue working.

I drove over a speed bump and all of a sudden a loud knocking noise and the then the car wouldnt move.

I phoned my dad who saidlook at the driveshaft and yes it was at a 45 degree angle.

I pushed the car into the side of the road about 500 yards.

My dad picked me up and looked at the extent of the damage and the engine mount had actually sheared off -not the rubber the actual bracket itself which dropped the engine and buggered up the driveshaft.

So that was scrapped.

I then bought a ford focus st mk2 which I have used as a toy-Lovely little cars.

I will be looking for a new car in the near future when this lockdown ends.

Im looking for something reliable and interesting and also good on fuel as work is a 72 mile round trip.

These things are here to test us but I am in a better place than alot of these poor souls with the virus.

Anywy just thought id do an update as I love reading other peoples stories but never do much of my own.

7 minutes ago, montytom said:

I wish no the car was nearly on a roundabout and it was flat surface. I was also pissed as it was before my shift at work. 

Thanks for making me smile

Hopefully you mean "pissed" as the American slang for annoyed, and not the usual British slang for extremely drunk. 

One for the grumpy old man thread there I think. 

7 minutes ago, stripped fred said:

What size and age of car are you after? What's your budget? Petrol or diesel? Manual or auto? Any preferences on make?

Hi sorry I was thinking either a small petrol or an older diesel. I have a little time to think but I remember my dad having a rover r8 shape turbo diesel. 

I just dont want anything with dpf or dual mass flywheel etc. Manual or auto doesnt matter and budget is £1000. Any make doesnt bother me. It's just I'm stuck thinking about cars I used to own and need outside input. Saying that theres a nice 2006 fiat panda 1.3 diesel for sale currently near me

Thanks Thomas 

2 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

Hopefully you mean "pissed" as the American slang for annoyed, and not the usual British slang for extremely drunk. 

Sorry I honestly never thought it was an american slang I was annoyed sorry. I dont actually drink. Again apologies 

20 minutes ago, montytom said:

Sorry I honestly never thought it was an american slang I was annoyed sorry. I dont actually drink. Again apologies 

It's no problem, it's just that sentence could have read either way.

Drunk or annoyed can both lead to unusual behaviour.

I dropped a motorbike on its side once trying to turn it around. Annoyed and embarrassed at my stupidity, still hanging on to the bike I heaved it back upright and looked behind me to see which of the crowd of other riders had helped.

They were all stood pointing and staring. I had picked up the bike on my own.

If you laid it down and offered me £1000 if to pick it up then I would really struggle.

Amazing what you can do with a bit of adrenalin.

Anyway.... back to the car search.

29 minutes ago, dave j said:

Focus St mk2 is the 5 cylinder engine isn't it? Bet it sounds lovely but not so good on fuel for the commute! 

Thanks it does sound lovely but as you say it's not the best on fuel. I seem to buy myself something then as soon as I do the other car decided to expire.

20200321_183249.jpg

29 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

It's no problem, it's just that sentence could have read either way.

Drunk or annoyed can both lead to unusual behaviour.

I dropped a motorbike on its side once trying to turn it around. Annoyed and embarrassed at my stupidity, still hanging on to the bike I heaved it back upright and looked behind me to see which of the crowd of other riders had helped.

They were all stood pointing and staring. I had picked up the bike on my own.

If you laid it down and offered me £1000 if to pick it up then I would really struggle.

Amazing what you can do with a bit of adrenalin.

Anyway.... back to the car search.

I crashed mine into my next door neighbours house. I was riding up the mud in the middle of the shared drive doing 5mph most and the front end disinterested which I thought was a poor show for an adventure bike.

20191207_121701.jpg

36 minutes ago, 2flags said:

Personally, for that length of trip I would go for a Rover 75 diesel or a Jag Xtype diesel. These are cheap enough and why not treat yourself to a bit of comfort on your way to and from work?

Thanks I've had a 75 diesel and I thought the engine was rubbish in my opinion. I had the diesel auto and it done 36.6mpg which is only a couple more than my jag was achieving. 

I then asked on the 75 club how they were achieving 50 mpg and they said oh that's about right for the auto diesel.

The x type has the same engine as my mondeo had so I dont really fancy that again. Thanks for your suggestions. The 75 is one of my favourite cars it's just I could never get on with that engine. Heres my old 75 diesel

attachment-3.jpeg