Robson 3022 Car Capers!MONDAY MADNESS LIVE COLLECTION THREAD

Robson3022

I’ll have a root in the draw for the relevant retention certificate tomorrow.

It’s one I paid £80 to put on retention from a NI registered Vauxhall I bought a few years ago so the DVLA would put it onto a normal 08 plate. Can’t see me ever using it though so if you want it, you’re welcome 

1 hour ago, Robson3022 said:

Hmm that seems like the sale of the century. Just scoping out these at the mo. Never bought a private plate mind so not sure if they are a legit company or if that is in fact the cost.

46D78D42-F4D0-460A-97D4-3DC2BEBC3231.png

most likely those numbers are still with DVLA & that price does not include the £80 transfer fee so by the time its all totted up DOOVLA are cheaperer

*edit*

yup just checked £250 all in from doovla

7 hours ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

most likely those numbers are still with DVLA & that price does not include the £80 transfer fee so by the time its all totted up DOOVLA are cheaperer

*edit*

yup just checked £250 all in from doovla

How do I do that? When I tried to look on the DVLA website it’s just all auctions happening in the next month? 

3 minutes ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

that rear fog light is a bit "couldn't be bothered" isn't it?

Curse of the JDM import, they don't normally have foglights in Japan so have to have something glued on for UK MOT.

That is far from the worst I've seen.

On 6/15/2021 at 9:09 PM, NorthernMonkey said:

I’ll have a root in the draw for the relevant retention certificate tomorrow.

It’s one I paid £80 to put on retention from a NI registered Vauxhall I bought a few years ago so the DVLA would put it onto a normal 08 plate. Can’t see me ever using it though so if you want it, you’re welcome 

If you find any more in the drawer I'd be interested.

I had one lined up for the Saab, but it's fell through.

• 1 month later...

So I’ve lost two cars today. Xsara has gone to my best pal who is taking it on finance if it passes an MOT to get him by and the Audi is going to MrsRobson3022s brother while he is over for a month from Germany.  Then it’s possibly going in a beautiful swap if said swappable vehicle is still around when he’s done. 

Anyone got anything interesting I can run around in instead of using the elgrand every day? RX8 is on the possible list but not sure I want to pay actual cash for it would prefer a Roffle win! 

• Robson3022 changed the title to Robson3022 looking for something else?
1 hour ago, Robson3022 said:

Hmmm sounds awful. Where do I find more details of this fine steed? 

I’ll post some. X plate TD5 S Auto.

New MOT, just done a gearbox oil/filter change and it now changes gear as it should. Decent Goodyear and Michelin tyres with plenty of tread.

Will add to this in the morning.

6 hours ago, Jimbob McGregor said:

I’ll post some. X plate TD5 S Auto.

New MOT, just done a gearbox oil/filter change and it now changes gear as it should. Decent Goodyear and Michelin tyres with plenty of tread.

Will add to this in the morning.

Top man yes please. 

Have to say it drives pretty well on the low speed stuff around here.  No idea what it'd be like on a motorway like.  Plus, it's the 7 seater with forward facing seats.  TBH I'm keen on it leaving the dale as Mrs L1 is getting ideas.

Here it is rescuing my 205 after the coil died the other week.

PXL_20210725_101153423.jpg

PXL_20210725_095239177.jpg

PXL_20210726_181301830.jpg

• 5 months later...

Soooo little update!!! A8 went ages ago in a swap with @paulplomfor an LS400. It has since made its way to @Kiltox who is making it brand new again! 

The LS400 wasn’t here for long but it was a nice car with a couple of niggles but running a 3.5V6 and a 4.0 V8 was doing nothing for my bank balance so the LS400 went too. 

That left the Elgrand which went about it’s job of carrying people, the dog and generally my crap around the country. Just before Xmas I got a flat tyre and the local tyre place changed a tyre for me. I parked it up and didn’t use it for a couple of weeks…….the next time I did the wheel came off FFS. I’d been trying to sell it and get a van but stopped when this happened. Got it fixed and out of the blue had an offer from here on it. 

That left me with nothing to move shite around in and although a van is what I’m after I made a discovery…………B3D9D555-F0DB-4CD1-A8FE-488011CA8A4C.thumb.jpeg.fb9a02599d266acb811c81ad8d88247c.jpegA1A64F77-2196-4741-B4BB-67F89C59E3D6.thumb.jpeg.25ef562324fa0c9ec0892333cd572ca1.jpeg

122,000 miles, fsh and enough MOT to not worry about. Friday we are due some OMG SNOW CHAHOS so I’ll test it all out then!!!! It’s the top spec I think, heated electric leather, sunroofs etc. Haven’t had a massive amount of time in it and it was dark so will see what’s what in the morning.

Ideally I do still want a decent sized van. Vivaro at the smallest and someone at work wants something to tow a horse box so this might go to her. 

• Robson3022 changed the title to Robson3022 A Brave New Discovery!