Robson 3022 Car Capers!MONDAY MADNESS LIVE COLLECTION THREAD

Robson3022

I already love this. Had to pick a three piece up. Didn’t think I’d get the sofa in. I managed and had to go back for the 2 chairs. 

Anyone know what these remotes are for? I only get to keep driving it in the dark annoyingly! 

Anyone got a trailer they want to sell?

185E1834-1A29-49D3-9320-872FB098782F.jpeg

5F14741E-9A87-4102-A2D1-F76CB637D4CF.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I has done a buy!!! 

Forum bike! I need something to use while I take the Disco off the road to have a little work done. The hospitable @gmwas it’s last custodian and had described it well. Lovely seats because Alfa. Id describe the drive as “loose”. 

I don’t imagine I’ll be owning it for long once the disco is sorted as I might have a deal with something else on here for that so this won’t be any use. There’s a vicious rumour that another shitter is interested so he has dibs but I’ll be MOTing it and we will see where we are at. 

Only photo is rubbish but if you are reading this you have probably owned it so just look at your own photos! 

12664463-0426-41F3-BDD3-22666F4DD2B0.jpeg

• Robson3022 changed the title to Robson3022 Alfa to the moon, stars and Jupiter!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Robson3022 changed the title to Robson3022 LIVE COLLECTION

Also not part of the original deal but managed to negotiate more of a discount. Definitely the cheapest E51 in the country. Question is will it get me home!!! 

answer to that is I’m 40 mins down the road nursing it so should. Make it. Temp goes up if you give it beans so I’m taking my time. No heaters so I’m hoping air lock. It drives much nicer than any of the others I’ve owned so I’m hoping for nice easy fixes but we shall see! 

image.jpg

Well I’m home. Had a little stop off at the in-laws caravan on the way home and we made it. 

It definitely gets too hot, I’ve nursed it home but any decent acceleration gets the gauge going up. Previous owner claimed it does that but just comes back down…..it does if you don’t put any power on. It had a radiator at some point last year and she said it’s done it since then. Hoping I can get to the bottom of it without too much trouble. 

EML shows on the screen but not on the dash……that’s because some nice chap has removed the bulb. It runs well enough so I’m hoping that’s rectified without too much of a headache too. 

ABS light on……meh!

Bits of interior missing/broken was used to ferry around a guys wheelchair and he would drive so there’s some bits to replace/fix

I was aware of ABS and interior stuff, not the EML or the overheating but I’d travelled to Scotland and it didn’t feel like the lady was trying to stitch me so I got some more discount and ventured home. Time will tell if I should have walked away. I’ll break it if worse comes to worse. 

Annoyingly it drives better than any of the others I’ve had but is a little rough otherwise. If I can get to the bottom of the overheating I’ll work my way though the other bits and then promise to keep it…..then inevitably sell it!!!

79D611DB-89BF-40BF-B369-996DAB559806.jpeg

5089EA48-1BB8-4A43-B0BC-BA466ECD483E.jpeg

BA05ADA6-8E4B-4591-AB1F-7FEE0F1D5C05.jpeg

10144133-615A-47DA-AE1F-33976B1DF7B2.jpeg

Hopefully it turns out to be an easy fix. Could very much just be trapped air, no heater and overheating under acceleration would make sense considering there's no coolant circulation right?

I was ready to walk away from my collection as well but a healthy discount and the fact that the round trip would have meant 150 quid wasted made me reconsider. Anything is fixable after all.