Robson 3022 Car Capers!MONDAY MADNESS LIVE COLLECTION THREAD

Robson3022

• 2 weeks later...
  • Robson3022 changed the title to Robson3022 Fleet Fettling. In out shake it all about!
  • 2 weeks later...

Wew what a week. 

So I managed to buy @Tim_E E46 with no way of getting it to me and also win* @Cavcrafts gangster Merc. Managed to move the camper elgrand on. 

someone messaged me to swap the BM and @leanycan offered to drive the swap  up for me.  After much messing around with delightful folk from eBay Cavcraft managed to flog the Merc on for me.

Place bets now on what’s about to arrive at Shotley Towers. It’s vegetable related, auto and has the look of a Australian 90s television cross dresser.

• Robson3022 changed the title to Robson3022 Fleet Fettling. Busy week!

Spent a bit of time in this this morning and it drives so well. Really really pleased with it. Brother in law is going to use it while he is over from Germany for the month then I’ll probably put it up for sale. I might even chuck a door on it to tidy it up a little.

10 minutes ago, Robson3022 said:

Spent a bit of time in this this morning and it drives so well. Really really pleased with it. Brother in law is going to use it while he is over from Germany for the month then I’ll probably put it up for sale. I might even chuck a door on it to tidy it up a little.

did you spend any time taking photo's? ;)

• Robson3022 changed the title to Robson3022 Fleet Fettling. What’s better than a Saab 9-5????

Well the auto 9-5 is up for sale a little quicker than I anticipated but only because I picked this one up from @paulplomtoday. 

Paul claims the flywheel has an intermittent rattle. I’m not so sure I’ve struggled to hear it and it goes really well. If anyone fancy’s this instead of the auto is be open to that but I’d prefer to keep this one for a bit! 

ACF48FA7-8F63-4BDD-8D28-1E2DA620E312.jpeg

• Robson3022 changed the title to Robson3022 Fleet Fettling. Oops I did it again!

I haz done a buy!

No collection thread as it was 6 minutes away. Elgrand count is now back up to a healthy 2. This one is a 3.0d. Drives well MOT until March and the body work is pretty good. It’s lifting inside but nothing a good session with the wet vac won’t fix. 

The other one is still getting “fixed” so this one is being pressed into duty hence the Saab being up for sale. More detailed pictures and analysis tomorrow when it’s light. 

23DB74F4-CF1B-46A3-80E9-AA278175B4DD.jpeg

340EB16B-D142-4FBC-BA2E-6D54BE2C89DF.jpeg

Some slightly better photos but it was raining so not many!! 

Snagging list passenger window switch missing, doors have dropped and it needs a good valet. 

someone was interested in one of these from me and I seem to have deleted the message. If you are that person then let me know!!

DA1B0864-64D0-4DBB-AE0E-C4E088AA7403.jpeg

36287E22-6224-4EA9-B9B3-5C71940ABBED.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Robson3022 said:

Have driven this a bit today and it appears I have a sticky calliper. 

how much could I fuck up rebuilding them myself? I can just about do a pad change and service? I’d rather not totally bork the job? 

Its not difficult to do if you can get the piston out, compressed air or a grease gun can help if its not moving.

45 minutes ago, omegod said:

I'd strip that all out and thoroughly shampoo then jetwash it , fecking doggy smells are rank in a motor

Mats are out now getting jet washed, vacced and extracted. Interior will get vacced, drill brush and extracted, ive got lots of coffee grounds drying out too to sprinkle and leave in them vacuum out!! 

14 minutes ago, Robson3022 said:

Mats are out now getting jet washed, vacced and extracted. Interior will get vacced, drill brush and extracted, ive got lots of coffee grounds drying out too to sprinkle and leave in them vacuum out!! 

Sounds like you may have seen Autoshine cars on youtube then :)