Robson 3022 Car Capers!MONDAY MADNESS LIVE COLLECTION THREAD

Robson3022

8 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Hopefully it turns out to be an easy fix. Could very much just be trapped air, no heater and overheating under acceleration would make sense considering there's no coolant circulation right?

I was ready to walk away from my collection as well but a healthy discount and the fact that the round trip would have meant 150 quid wasted made me reconsider. Anything is fixable after all.

I’m hoping it’s an air lock somewhere but we will see. Worse case is it’s OMGHGF which would be a kick in the balls but anything else I can live with. 

• Robson3022 changed the title to Robson3022 2 Car Special!

I has done a buy!!!

Well 2 theoretically but one I’ve left a deposit on this morning, It’s catogorically chod but very much scene chod. Possibly not chod at all!! It was very local, I needed it for this week….

Place bets now…..

Second is from a top shitter here. All will be revealed in time. It’s all a bit snoop dog though…

In other fleet news the 107 I’m selling for someone has been mega handy to run about it but is still for sale (only on here) and still wants a back box.

The elgrand still hasn’t moved hopefully when I do get around to it it’s problems have fixed themselves!

The Alfa should be back this week with a full MOT!!! And then probably straight back out……

Will update later when I has done a collection! 

Collection was about 3 miles. No poo count, no break downs. 

1991 VW Transporter

runs and drives well enough. No PAS so I’ll end up with massive forearms!!! 

Can’t see it staying forever but I desperately needed a van for this week. 

Painted by a blind man with no hands. 

4411204B-8412-4740-963A-EC1EAFC5EC04.jpeg

8BF5E457-EE9C-4E8F-843B-7AD5FE71F78A.jpeg

DF291056-55EB-4106-B0C2-565EDC0561F4.jpeg

543EFC8D-DACD-47E1-B776-42A8D06565EE.jpeg

Used this as a van today!!! It vans well like a van! 

Blowers only blow hot and even when they are off smash hot air out which is great for the winter but…well it’s not winter. 

My forearms are already looking bigger!

More updates and pics later in the week. Vehicle 2 also hopefully by the end of the week!

2 minutes ago, robthedonkey said:

Who the hell decided a carpeted dash was a good idea? emoji2961.png

Dibs emoji1787.png

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

It’s done about as well as I think you could possibly carpet a dash to be fair!! Even the front vents are cut out! 

Had to put my faith in this today. Needed some tiles in a hurry and some MDF. Had to drive to Leeds for the tiles so 150 mile round trip. 

Not 100% confident a 30 year old van was the tool for the job but off I popped. Guy I bought it from told engine temp light flashed intermittently and temp gauge didn’t work but it didn’t overheat. I test drove it and have done some running around and that seems to be true but I still wasn’t overly confident blasting down the A1 for 50 miles. 

So 6.30am off I pop. Thinking I’ll stop at Scotch Corner to evaluate and grab a coffee. 

Got there and van was performing beautifully so didn’t stop. Went for Wetherby instead. Grabbed a coffee knowing I was going to be a bit early took my time and then carried on. Arrived on time at the tile place, well chuffed with the performance of my 30 year old, rusty, petrol, van. 

Grabbed the tiles, went to return, triumphant…..turn turn turn…wouldn’t fire  at this point I could have chucked a match in it. Everything I’ve tried to do in the house has thrown up a problem. (The only reason I drove to Leeds for tiles is because someone else sent the wrong ones and I needed the last few today)

Oil light flashing, I checked the usual….all good. Thought id leave it too cool gave it half an hour and up she fired. YES BEST VAN EVAAAR 

Any how I had to stop at Darlington Wicks on the way back for MDF that I wasn’t 100% sure would fit. My man logic was that id be in there half an hour so that would be enough time to cool…..turns out it wasn’t I had to wait another 15. It did however make it to the house and then back to the MILs a few hours later. 

I’ll call that a success! Need to investigate the hot starting issue. If anyone has any ideas with petrol T4s of this vintage I’m all ears! 

79BD1C7A-5C70-4E2B-A0F7-DA1B63D7251A.jpeg

EC6CE79B-F65B-4D17-B70F-9371C39390A6.jpeg

5D648F00-73C6-470C-8EF4-9EED2AF0013A.jpeg

952DAE70-FB9C-4FA5-9428-2EDE53B279B8.jpeg

E17B9F50-4789-49B5-86B2-6D5BE0CFE3D9.jpeg

Cranking no start or no crank?

Cranking no start I always look to cam sensor/crank sensors first, no cranking, I'd suspect a relay overheating. Not familiar with this specifically but ignition relay getting hot, how's the alternator output? My Scorpio used to pull this crap when the alternator was failing, overvoltage, cooked ignition relay, would work okay, but then fail to restart.

If cranking and not starting - I had this on a Cav SRi and it was the fuel pump relay overheating internally - I took to having a spare in the car constantly. It was only a few quid and a 2sec job to swap out and keep on chavving (they didn't have a good reputation at the time and were stolen a LOT)

Hope you find it easily - I went mental trying to figure mine out piece by piece! AA got seriously fucked off with me at one point as I was stuck so sodding often..........

13 hours ago, RichardK said:

Cranking no start or no crank?

Cranking no start I always look to cam sensor/crank sensors first, no cranking, I'd suspect a relay overheating. Not familiar with this specifically but ignition relay getting hot, how's the alternator output? My Scorpio used to pull this crap when the alternator was failing, overvoltage, cooked ignition relay, would work okay, but then fail to restart.

Cranking no start 

Fuel pump relay, any form of ignition relay, crank sensor - I reckon a sticking fuel pump relay is most likely but you could maybe diagnose that with some easy start - if it fires up sensibly on the gas it's sparking at the right times...

• 2 weeks later...

Van has continued to do its thing and carted all sorts of shite around without any trouble. 

but I has organised the second part of this two part saga and here it is!! 

Bought from the fastest plumber in the west (well east) @paulplomthis is the fourth car I’ve had from him and as expected he undersells and over delivers. 

Has nish MOT and three magic lights of ABS, Traction control and brake pad warning. Plan is to get those fixed and an MOT and use it while I thin the fleet of 7 cars out. 

107 is ironically going to the person im selling it for (well I was selling it for his sister) 

Alfa should be going after I’ve collected it tomorrow. 

Elgrand has Sat feeling sorry for itself since I bought it so will get that in the garage next week 

Transporter of much usefulness will be less needed as of next week so will be advertised in 2 weeks probably

xsara estate is out on long term loan and needs recalling or paying for

MG will keep being Electric and cheaper than petrol. 

A331D1FE-4323-4AC5-9E54-0DDB9A3BD8D6.jpeg

C4C03CB5-C3A9-47C1-97CD-608D83E6AC4A.jpeg

AAD92813-CA61-4107-866F-DC64E23E72AD.jpeg

571DDB3B-A924-4800-A47A-20BF26EA2289.jpeg

Is it running okay? Fil has a set of tyre pressure sensors or abs sensor (can't remember which) and a full leather interior in grey.

The garage put a new bosch battery on it. Hopefully they didn't rob it before you picked it up.

I've owned that car since December, only sat in it once and never heard it run.

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Is it running okay? Fil has a set of tyre pressure sensors or abs sensor (can't remember which) and a full leather interior in grey.

The garage put a new bosch battery on it. Hopefully they didn't rob it before you picked it up.

I've owned that car since December, only sat in it once and never heard it run.

Seems to be running alright. 

lad who collected it said he had a chew on getting it started ETC and got someone to bring a battery for it? It’s got a battery on it now and it fired straight up so who knows what’s happened. But

2 hours ago, paulplom said:

Bastard.

He didn't charge me for any work on it. It had a new starter fitted by a garage that fil used. The garage you collected it from sad they had bodged the wiring to it hence the no start.

Well it starts 

Well that’s one out! 

I feel I’m a self proclaimed saver of or should I say saver from Autoshite. 

This Alfa however has not escaped the fold. It’s Italian looks will continue to be fondled by an Autoshite member. 

I owned it for about 3 months and have driven it about 50 miles in that time…..but it leaves me in better shape than it came with a full MOT. My first ever Alfa!!!! 

A991A092-67BE-46A9-B5E7-15397799A3DC.jpeg

• Robson3022 changed the title to Robson3022 I has done a buy.

My name is Robson and I have a problem……

Well I love having a van. The T4 has been useful but to be honest it’s reasonably hard work to drive and isn’t great on fuel. I’ve been keeping a little eye out on vans. Hi top was ideal if possible. This popped up down the road I’ve been to view it and have paid for it and I’m collecting tomorrow. 
6C1F97C6-AFCE-4B88-9D84-A53DE87893B4.thumb.png.e770fbf3e319157c5a0f8fd0b8f386af.png52E48463-A9AC-4818-B57F-6834D60AC2AE.thumb.png.cc22e697a00eaf70b1744569da86d3ea.png

Its a 2005 with 180,000 miles, plenty of test, recent brake overhaul, rebuilt gear box and brand new alternator and radiator. I think I’ve given a decent price for it. It does mean I have too many cars/vans….no really…ideally I could still do with a daily (I have a finger in a pie on something from here but I’ve just got to wait a while.) That means the elgrand (needs fixing) and the T4 (needs a little fettle) are ideally up for sale. 

I’ve also somehow acquired my brothers 2019 transit courier or whatever it is to flog so it’s getting a little full here at Robson3022 towers!

968479AE-6419-497F-BB1C-C50A85E8A03B.jpeg

• Robson3022 changed the title to Robson3022 Collection CLAXON

Well it’s all been going on lots of comings and goings. 

Current fleet consists of the Movano which is currently getting the miles smashed on it collecting shite. 

A rather nice C1 which is for sale.

A slightly borked fiesta that’s hopefully going to be fettled and away. 

A more borked Citroen Relay Camper

An appropriate vehicle has been spotted and acquirement has commenced. 

started at 5am this morning as I has many Norwegian chairs to deliver on the way and some to collect. First one in Sheffield where the fan belt on the van duly shat itself around the corner from the first collection. 

£150 to the AA man and we are back on the road. Bury St Edmonds is the next stop for one more delivery before collection takes place. 

Emotional support dog in tow. 

Poo count 1

Dog Poo count 2

image.jpg