Robson 3022 Car Capers!MONDAY MADNESS LIVE COLLECTION THREAD

Robson3022

1 minute ago, beko1987 said:

Oooh nice civic! I did have a look at the late last year but the prices hadn't fully dropped to my affordability bar ones that were just fucked. 

Can't ever like the beetle though, my brain just isn't wired up. I get the cheap convertible though, I've been tempted before and it's probably the only fairly sensible removable roof option out there that is also cheap... Think I'd have the tigra over the vw though,which is qlmost like saying I'd rather the sick just came out of my mouth rather than mouth and nose

Hahaha the beetle and tigra both drove really well. The tigra was pretty slow mind. The beetle felt like you could eat the miles up in it. 

Civic felt a bit meh when I picked it up. They are great on diesel and are relatively spritely but this one feels a bit unloved inside. I’ve hopefully remedied that it’s a lot tidier now. 

@Jazoli I’m not a massive fan of aftermarket head units any more. I just don’t think they look right in cars that have their dash arranged around the radio. (Plus I’m going to sell the old one as it looks to be worth somewhere between £200-£400) 

Ive got a wheel speed sensor for it to see if that clears up the abs light (the last one I had had the same fault) I’ve got a cheap code reader on the way today to confirm.  

Got it out. Absolutely painless as it wasn’t screwed in at the bottom so didn’t need to dismantle the centre console. Even the mic which was wired in to the a pillar had been done sensibly so removing the door trim had that out. 

need to find a standard head unit now and fix the Wheel speed sensor. 

Job half jobbed!  

9C347D38-88A8-4727-9742-6BEBF3F62629.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Did nobody tell you that the OE head units have to be coded to the car at great expense at a Honda dealership and only if you have the car security code and head unit code? ;)

Haha they reckon it’s about £3 million isn’t it? 

11 hours ago, Jazoli said:

You'll be lucky if that reads ABS systems, most of the cheaper ones don't and just read engine faults.

Turns out you were right. If I’d splurged another £5 I’d I have got one that reads abs codes! Ah well. 

1 hour ago, gm said:

nip up and see Andy in anfield plain ? I'm sure he will be able to help out 

Aye I normally take stuff to see Andy. Currently drilling the old sensor out as it is being difficult. Turning into a bit of a nightmare!!! 

Been for a run out in this today 65mpg!!! WTF.

anyway all is well, drives great even the air con works. Can’t imagine there will be anymore updates on this. I’ve agreed to buy something else on here just struggling to get sorted to pick it up. Vegetable related. Civic is on daily duties for the foreseeable as it’s pretty good! 

6 hours ago, paulplom said:

I also use this app and have paid for the pro version but it doesn't do ABS or Airbag ECU's though.

Glad to see the Civic is all fixed up :)

7 minutes ago, gm said:

platform 1 suggests northbound ? gave you been to volvoland ? 

Correct. 

Drives great! Bit of wheel judder under breaking which seemed to improve the further I drove so suspecting crud on the discs. Air con does not work hopefully just needs a regas m9. 

11/10 @garbaldy top shitter would by chod again. Further updates when I can be arsed. 

D5AA9A90-A974-48C3-B483-1A0F13AB443B.jpeg