Robson3022

Robson3022’s Fleet fettling- Collection Thread Imminent

11 minutes ago, Christine said:

Battery shot ?    wanna haynes £5 posted ?

IMG_20200630_192321.thumb.jpg.4fe42a297b84151a320c97260db2047d.jpg

I’ve tried two known working batteries so not that. Hopefully I won’t have it long enough to need the HBOL

I had trouble with the fusebox on the zafira I briefly had, big problems when a bit of water gets in, there are about 4 layers of interconnections in it and the black it that sticks up is one of the ecu's..

I would check the relevant fuses and if that fails under the allen/ tors bits and pull the top half out and put it somewhere to dry if you think you've spilled some water in..

Google Astra J fusebox for th fear..

Mine would wind the engine over and wouldn't stop, had to start pulling relays to get it to stop.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Got in the Astra this morning and pressed the unlock button out of habit and it only worked. Got in, ignition, lights go go go it only started. Must have been some moisture somewhere!!! Free fix. Yes!!! It’s for sale but I won’t be putting it on here officially as I don’t know much about it. If anyone reads this and is interested send me a pm! 

1 in and 1 out today! The disastra is going and I’m collecting this afternoon a fine* steed from this forum. I bet you can all guess what it is. Need to go on the OMGCOVID train across the border. 

So what have I bought in the cold light of day. 

Well what seems to be a reasonably tatty but well driving 4x4. Was happy enough at 70 with the cruise set last night. I’ve driven it to work this morning and it starts well and other than the exhaust seems mechanically pretty good. A couple of broken switches inside and the rear boot lock doesn’t work but I’ll work it out. It’s going to @scaryoldcortina to have a look at at lunch time to see if it’s worth putting an exhaust on it and I’ll go from there 

All in all not bad. Looking forward to cleaning it and seeing if it’s worth spending any time on the body work. 

So the results are in

Needs 2 rear drop links and a cat* for MoT so it’s getting those and an MOT. It’s not due till October but I worry some of it might end up too frilly by then so it’s getting a fresh ticket!! I may then attempt to fix some of the frilly bits but every door bottom has gone plus the tail gate and there’s a dent in the leading edge of the bonnet so it will never be a looker. 

5 minutes ago, Robson3022 said:

So the results are in

Needs 2 rear drop links and a cat* for MoT so it’s getting those and an MOT. It’s not due till October but I worry some of it might end up too frilly by then so it’s getting a fresh ticket!! I may then attempt to fix some of the frilly bits but every door bottom has gone plus the tail gate and there’s a dent in the leading edge of the bonnet so it will never be a looker. 

Get the matt black out, it will look well 'gangsta'. 

If that's all it needs, I should have collected it! 😂

12 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Get the matt black out, it will look well 'gangsta'. 

If that's all it needs, I should have collected it! 😂

That and a cleaning bomb 💣