Robson 3022 Car Capers!MONDAY MADNESS LIVE COLLECTION THREAD

Robson3022

34 minutes ago, garbaldy said:

Was nice to meet you and hope you enjoyed your journey,   soz about aircon when I did the WhatsApp vid it was mid 20s and it felt pretty cold so I just asumed it was working.

You too! Absolutely no worries at all. I’m sure I’ll frequent garbaldy estate again to buy some other chod. (Hopefully for the Ranger in the next month or so ???)

Bad news is this means there is no room at the inn for the civic. 

good news is a friend was looking for a cheap diesel so it’s going. Another bike leaves the fold. 

When first driving both of these I wasn’t that impressed at their turn of pace. Then remembered I’ve been driving an electric car with instant acceleration. 

Both of them fly. The Volvo seems to waft along in quiet serenity while the mini screams and shouts about it. A nice ying and yang!!! 

2 hours ago, Robson3022 said:

Uh oh!!! What have I done. I just can’t help myself.

My names Robson and I have a problem.....

Goldendoodle approves 

03D4F2DB-7F30-45DF-953C-BA6DD729EE7B.jpeg

looks good, potnoodle poodle is saying... how do they get in

Nice cars (and I see you’ve bought the ex-Jim Bell MINI there). Just looking at your photos and I realise you live bang opposite the end of the lane that I grew up on (right at end just before the old iron bridge). 
Weird seeing what looked like really familiar sights...

8 minutes ago, Jimbob McGregor said:

Nice cars (and I see you’ve bought the ex-Jim Bell MINI there). Just looking at your photos and I realise you live bang opposite the end of the lane that I grew up on (right at end just before the old iron bridge). 
Weird seeing what looked like really familiar sights...

Small world! We moved here last year and love it! 

4 minutes ago, Robson3022 said:

Small world! We moved here last year and love it! 

My parents had the house along there from 1979 until last year when they moved towards Ebchester (far easier to manage). I’m out 1100 feet up in Weardale above St John’s Chapel (loserone moving up here imminently also) and I now run the local village garage.

I reckon there’s plenty of scope here for a mini Shitefest. There’s a suitable field next to my garage etc...

My wife has a penchant for small things..... ?

So always a BMW Mini lurking someplace out front which I profess to hate but secretly do enjoy booting them around the place as they hug the road like the proverbial. Currently a 2008 Clubman with the PSA diesel remapped by HDi Tuning - I'd love to get an R53 like yours but it seems that our PoodleWaggen (we have two poodles) needs to remain as it has more room in the 'boot' for pooches. Having said that the diesel is pretty pokey.

R50/53 is easier than the later R55/56 as less BMW electrickery to go wrong - only real trouble I had with ours was rear subframe/suspension rust - on the later cars they switched to alloy castings rather than steel.

58 minutes ago, Jimbob McGregor said:

My parents had the house along there from 1979 until last year when they moved towards Ebchester (far easier to manage). I’m out 1100 feet up in Weardale above St John’s Chapel (loserone moving up here imminently also) and I now run the local village garage.

I reckon there’s plenty of scope here for a mini Shitefest. There’s a suitable field next to my garage etc...

Will have to call into the garage when I’m up there. 

51 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

My wife has a penchant for small things..... ?

So always a BMW Mini lurking someplace out front which I profess to hate but secretly do enjoy booting them around the place as they hug the road like the proverbial. Currently a 2008 Clubman with the PSA diesel remapped by HDi Tuning - I'd love to get an R53 like yours but it seems that our PoodleWaggen (we have two poodles) needs to remain as it has more room in the 'boot' for pooches. Having said that the diesel is pretty pokey.

R50/53 is easier than the later R55/56 as less BMW electrickery to go wrong - only real trouble I had with ours was rear subframe/suspension rust - on the later cars they switched to alloy castings rather than steel.

This one drives really really well. I’m just about to buy a bonnet for it to tidy it up a bit. 

26 minutes ago, Robson3022 said:

I need to find a way to get the bonnet from Langley Park back to Shotley. Place bets now whether it will fit in the i3 or the Volvo my guess is neither. 

Is it the recovery guy on the LP industrial estate? If so he would probably fit it for you while you’re there if you asked in advance.

20 minutes ago, Jimbob McGregor said:

Is it the recovery guy on the LP industrial estate? If so he would probably fit it for you while you’re there if you asked in advance.

Not sure? They’ve just said Langley Park? There can’t be many breakers in Langley Park mind! 

6 minutes ago, gm said:

would your bini bonnet fit in a civic (like the one you just got rid of) ? I might be able to help out later on this avo 

1 hour ago, loserone said:

If you think it'll fit in a 306 estate you're welcome to borrow it (I'm currently over the hill in Esh Winning)

Cheers for the offers gents. I’m going to remove the old one and see if it fits in what I have here. If it doesn’t I’ll come back to you. The I3’s load space is pretty good it’s just if it’s long enough. 

59 minutes ago, Jimbob McGregor said:

Or if you need a hand bolting it on..

Have you ever found yourself asking can you fit a mini bonnet in a Volvo S60? 
773B7A5D-4C59-45D3-A439-13F60890522F.thumb.jpeg.e22f4abad8b53a203338be4a4147bad4.jpeg

Well wonder no more...you can but only just.

Hopefully if the weather is decent then I’ll get this fitted tomorrow. If only I had some sort of large indoor space to do such work.D0E942F1-462B-4EA7-9E85-C025C22111FB.thumb.jpeg.536149e977574be7feb218352ea55122.jpeg53CACBD3-5C5B-479B-8662-CD85FD2D1487.thumb.jpeg.6cba0e84709bec28477a8719b7d47584.jpeg

thanks @loserone and @gm for your offers of help earlier. There’s some canny people on the forum! 

Got the mini bonnet swapped over today. Delighted I didn’t put the windscreen out! @paulplom did a canny job painting the rear but admitted because of the light he didn’t put enough base coat on the bonnet. You couldn’t tell from certain angles (so much so the Mrs couldn’t tell the difference.) but I saw a bonnet in colour and couldn’t resist. 

I’ve made the decision to tackle more jobs myself with both the house and cars. This was probably as easy as it gets I suppose made harder by having a limited amount of tools. I need to build them up again. 745D090E-4321-401A-B928-1FD20B4B8FCF.thumb.jpeg.46d2d9bf1dd6a5d4301bbc05c93c5466.jpeg
So bonnet up! 

89DBE5ED-EACD-4A60-A645-947EF1032DC0.thumb.jpeg.36a397a829658087d014fa7ae800b238.jpeg

Professional safety equipment CE4B27E7-8F01-4E4B-A3F3-C5BDABE3683F.thumb.jpeg.825d99cda619b8e77b236155921b2948.jpeg

shazam! Bonnet be gone. AD724D59-CF04-4AED-8104-BE282437EA7F.thumb.jpeg.2b90a27802ada0feecc2f25b0fb250d3.jpeg
spot the difference.

8DDFC022-66BD-47FA-92A2-59B7BFC2AE80.thumb.jpeg.25ed53b84594ba71b0516f021541f777.jpeg

Job jobbed! Goldendoodle approved.

Had to order some trim clips as there were a few missing and there’s more missing from the back. 

I survived which is good. Tomorrow’s job if it’s not chucking it down is to go all 2 bucket wrongun on it. 
Paint arrived for the Volvo so you can all laugh at my attempts to paint the filler flap and the headlight washer covers later in the week!