1982 Citroen Visa Special 652cc 2cyl in hearing aid beige

Jimblob

On the seats unfortunately the foam under-padding also slowly degrades. You know this is happening when you get a very fine powder on the seat facings coming through the weave.
I've got some basic universal seat covers coming but will have to come up with a better long term plan for them, it's a shame as I really love the original seats! They're mind me a bit of the ones that were in my Dad's Peugeot 504 estate when we were kids. Those would have been more durable of course. I'm sure these cars weren't designed to last 40yrs... That'll be why most of them didn't!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

On the seats unfortunately the foam under-padding also slowly degrades. You know this is happening when you get a very fine powder on the seat facings coming through the weave.

Oh yes. The GSA's seats are doing this in spectacular fashion. The French are the absolute experts at disintegrating seats I find.

45 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

Oh yes. The GSA's seats are doing this in spectacular fashion. The French are the absolute experts at disintegrating seats I find.

The next generation seats in the AX are fine luckily - mine have had no problems. I suppose they were pushing the tech to the limit at the time - and may not even have forseen this. It makes repairs tricky. 

You can get the beautifully named 'mousse de rembourrage de siège' (foam seat padding) for the Citroën DS but getting this special fitted mousse for other models may be more tricky. Might be possible to cut some...maybe.

https://www.cipere.fr/fr/Citroen-DS-11CV-HY/2CV4/carcasses-de-siege/ANR38554/

Usual thing - with the really popular models you can get no end of stuff 2CV/DS/HY...but the less common survivors are much less catered for and broken cars ain't a good source because they all disintegrated at the same rate.

One of those interesting conservation problems that new technology which is now old technology throws up. Much easier when car seats were made of metal, horse hair and leather...