1982 Citroen Visa Special 652cc 2cyl in hearing aid beige

Jimblob

On 4/18/2020 at 6:29 AM, Jimblob said:

I did find mine on FB actually buy I think you're referring to this one.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/631145944403410/

Which I was about to buy before I found my Special. He'd said that he would take £300 but then stopped replying to my messages when I tried to make arrangements to get it. It then appeared on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353038535372

Hope someone brave will deal with the seller and take it off him!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looks like the eBay buyer immediately put it up on gumtree. Not quite as sexy as @Jimblob's visa but my god does it look tempting

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/1982-citroen-visa-classic-car-rare-not-c15-champ/1371486942

Screenshot_20200619-232944.png

11 hours ago, Jimblob said:

It's great to drive, you have to rag it just to go at normal speeds but that's kind of fun.

Pov spec: no passenger wing mirror, rear wiper or stereo

Congratulations, I thought that would have taken a lot longer to put back on the road when you revealed your job list including a frozen engine.

"Kind of fun" not for the coach driver one Saturday morning on the A1 dual carriage way who followed me out of a roundabout and tail gated me as I did my best to accelerate to my 70mph cruise. Frustrated by my "special" acceleration rate he bullied him self across into the outside lane in busy traffic and started to pass me, with the middle of the coach beside me I hit 62 mph and the view of the side of the coach lasted for ever. I got to 63 mph ..... then 64 mph .....then 65 mph and eventually pulled ahead of it still accelerating at my max rate. Now with me getting up towards 70 mph other traffic had decided to follow me up the inside frustrated by this coach sat in the outside lane  at 62 mph!

My Special has a passenger mirror and according to my Sep 1983 brochure was an Accessory item. The passenger mirror on Visa 11E and 11RE was also listed as an Accessory item.

I have one of these in France. I was once 'chased' by a huge HGV along a windy D-road with his horn blaring and lights on. He just could not get over how slow the car was on steep hills. I once also drove mine  from Rouen to London and back - it took a long time....

Fun cars and the last affordable way into Citroen 2CV style motoring. 

2 hours ago, lesapandre said:

I have to agree a French Twin from further south that has not rusted away seems great value at the moment.

No, no, no I don't need a second 652cc although my white one is boring!

Congratulations, I thought that would have taken a lot longer to put back on the road when you revealed your job list including a frozen engine.
"Kind of fun" not for the coach driver one Saturday morning on the A1 dual carriage way who followed me out of a roundabout and tail gated me as I did my best to accelerate to my 70mph cruise. Frustrated by my "special" acceleration rate he bullied him self across into the outside lane in busy traffic and started to pass me, with the middle of the coach beside me I hit 62 mph and the view of the side of the coach lasted for ever. I got to 63 mph ..... then 64 mph .....then 65 mph and eventually pulled ahead of it still accelerating at my max rate. Now with me getting up towards 70 mph other traffic had decided to follow me up the inside frustrated by this coach sat in the outside lane  at 62 mph!
My Special has a passenger mirror and according to my Sep 1983 brochure was an Accessory item. The passenger mirror on Visa 11E and 11RE was also listed as an Accessory item.
I must admit I haven't yet taken my Special on a dual carriageway. I plan to use mine mostly in town and between local villages. The lack of power, safety levels and stopping abilities make me think this is probably wise!

I have one of these in France. I was once 'chased' by a huge HGV along a windy D-road with his horn blaring and lights on. He just could not get over how slow the car was on steep hills. I once also drove mine  from Rouen to London and back - it took a long time....
Affordable if you can find one! I think mine is one of 4 on the road and there are 3 Visa Clubs. Importing one from France or NL could be the answer if you don't mind LHD. I was very happy to find an original UK rhd car and I prefer the Visa MK2 look as well, I'm very very happy with my find

19 minutes ago, Jimblob said:

Affordable if you can find one! I think mine is one of 4 on the road and there are 3 Visa Clubs. Importing one from France or NL could be the answer if you don't mind LHD. I was very happy to find an original UK rhd car and I prefer the Visa MK2 look as well, I'm very very happy with my find emoji4.png

I remember when I bought mine Mike told me it was only one of three running Visa II Twins with early instruments.

There is a Visa II Special in Milton Keynes but with later dash.

46 minutes ago, Jimblob said:

Affordable if you can find one! I think mine is one of 4 on the road and there are 3 Visa Clubs. Importing one from France or NL could be the answer if you don't mind LHD. I was very happy to find an original UK rhd car and I prefer the Visa MK2 look as well, I'm very very happy with my find emoji4.png

There are plenty in France. Ad's are beginning to feature the aircooled ones so slowly gathering a following. Given the much stricter French MoT there are some bargins... 

38 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

But I love all my cars...my preciouses...

Anyway the French never respond...even though this ad is messages only.. so I am fairly safe. 

It did look a bit too good to be true.

Generally French cars are not that cheap, it is just you have more choice and less rust from the south.

13 minutes ago, Jimblob said:

Looks great, I wonder how many miles the 652 can be expected to last. Does anyone know if original seat covers are available anywhere, eg. in France?

Knowing French car sellers probably 95,000km! I bought a strimmer a couple of years ago off a nice old lady...completely knackered...lol.

Send some pics of your seats and I will look about...