1982 Citroen Visa Special 652cc 2cyl in hearing aid beige

Jimblob

is this the same one there was a rubbish fackbook ad for??

I did find mine on FB actually buy I think you're referring to this one.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/631145944403410/

Which I was about to buy before I found my Special. He'd said that he would take £300 but then stopped replying to my messages when I tried to make arrangements to get it. It then appeared on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353038535372

Hope someone brave will deal with the seller and take it off him!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jimblob said:

Unfortunately no, well I am quite practical but have never welded, or owned a welder. Maybe I should bite the bullet and have a go... ?

Definitely.

If you're not too bothered about a professional finish, you can save a fortune of MoT standard stuff. Maybe you'll find you're really good at it. Unlike me.

11 hours ago, Jimblob said:

I am aware that this model isn't as rare as I thought, at least not on this forum! 

Visas are no longer common and the non-Pugnose twinpot is is as rare as hen's teeth. Fortunately AS folk seem to be mopping up all the Visas that are becoming available, which is really good news for their survival! :-)

I'm really glad you managed to find this one. I know you have been after one for years!

The seats seem to be in good order, which is unusual. Stick covers over them quickly, before the sun disintegrates the cloth!

Visas are no longer common and the non-Pugnose twinpot is is as rare as hen's teeth. Fortunately AS folk seem to be mopping up all the Visas that are becoming available, which is really good news for their survival! :-)
I'm really glad you managed to find this one. I know you have been after one for years!
The seats seem to be in good order, which is unusual. Stick covers over them quickly, before the sun disintegrates the cloth!
The passenger seat cover is in shreds, and the others are going, unfortunately. I've ordered some seat covers online that are similarish and vinyl, but ultimately I'd love to replace with original NOS if possible, I love the brown covers with the beige paint, the period charm is just spot on in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

The car above is now on the road! Taxed and MOTd for first time in 20yrs.
Just a tad over two months, including a few weeks with the welder. It needed a brake overhaul, rear exhaust box, tyres, sills and a few other bits. It still looks a bit rough and the seats are a bit shot but I'll take my time to get that sorted. It's great to drive, you have to rag it just to go at normal speeds but that's kind of fun. Pov spec: no passenger wing mirror, rear wiper or stereo