Vauxhall Though The Years

Richard_FM

9 minutes ago, GeordieInExile said:

"The future: More exciting models to come..."

*Photo of an Astra estate*

Phwooooooar, can't wait!

It did cross my mind that it was lucky this was printed in 1993 & didn’t have to gloss over the underperforming Omega & Vectra and oddballs like the Sintra.

2 hours ago, Richard_FM said:

It was the 1970s luckily the 1982 facelift sorted things out & some metallic paint made them a look a lot better.

My parents owned a fairly well used 1986 2200i CD auto (I keep banging on about it) in navy blue in the mid 1990s. Great car, got to drive it a few times after passing my driving test. Those big velour seats are a delight. Definitely the embodiment of 'waftability' about it. B) 

Replaced by a much more basic Astra 3. In fact all of the Vauxhalls my parents owned were great used buys. 

6 hours ago, barrett said:

Do they really mean to say the Corsa is a 'supermodel'? Supermini, Shirley?

Wasn't the corsa launched with a campaign where supermodels were jealous of it? Think naomi Campbell was in it? Hence supermodel. 

Not my favourite supermodel advert though, that was the one where claudia schiffer took all her clothes off to drive a citroen of some kind.

Phew, is it hot in here?

6 minutes ago, cort1977 said:

Wasn't the corsa launched with a campaign where supermodels were jealous of it? Think naomi Campbell was in it? Hence supermodel. 

I don’t remember that advert, an early Corsa had being part of the family floating on a lilo & bring tucked into bed by an old woman.