Jaguar xj6 or BMW Z3 dilemma. Opinions?

Lanciaman

God that Z3 interior is repulsive. That’s the one I’d go for!

As others have said, you’ve had a jag (and got rid), the BM has less miles and will probably make you money when you come to sell it. 
‘There’s a growing kit car market out there for these as well, so selling will be easy either for that or as its bound to become a classic as so many are being / have been torn up. 
Check out the DNA 250 California or many offerings from Tribute. 
http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18
https://m.facebook.com/TributeAutomotive/posts/?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.madabout-kitcars.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php&_rdr

I quite fancy a gt3z kit and it would have to be a 6 cylinder for that. 

I love that interior personally.

For me, as much as I love the X350 Jaguar and am in the market for one right now, the Z3 would be the one to have.

That 2.8 engine in them is ace, it is the right time of year to enjoy a convertible and the values for a good one are only going one way.

Reason these 2 is being sold by someone I trust. Not a punt into the unknown with hidden crap that I can't be doing with.   Jag i would prefer from a driving view - lovely thing to drive. The Z3 is the high day thing in the right circumstances - and the Z3 makes more financial sense.   Got a delivery today of a semi ropey BMW 330 convertible, which a mate bought but local to me so its ended up here. £1k.   Nuts amount for what is a reasonably sound car, other than a bit of wing arch corrosion.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:35 PM, Matty said:

Not really a fair comparison between the two. Depends what you want really. My two pennorth though for what it's worth.

My dad got a 2.8 z3 last year. I really like it. Makes a nice noise, well knocked together. Above all fun. Sat over rear axle, old fashioned in feel compared to more recent stuff, a proper drive all in all. Nice to look at as well, I reckon they've aged kindly.

I've read the comments so far and whilst I'm far from a driving god, I think this threads in danger of getting a bit piston heads. All the fun removed is a bit much, in my experience.

Yes, they drive quite well actually, in an old-fashioned gung-ho fun sort of way. I like the Z3 2.8.

3 hours ago, Pete-M said:

Try a Z3 then a Z4.. 

The 2.8 Z3 isn't a bad thing, but the 3.0 Z4 is a good thing. 

Other opinions are available obvs but I reckon a z3 is better looking than a z4. Not pretty but a much more interesting piece of styling. Especially wide bodied ones

On 4/18/2020 at 8:59 PM, alf892 said:

So come on then.......which one you gonna buy?

Plumped for the Z3 - although given I'm 400 miles from it who knows when it might happen........

A lot of hate for the Z3 all round. Can't say I've lusted after one but this is a known quantity, the price is good so why not. Bit of cheapish fun.  And if it doesn't handle like a Boxter or outdrag a GTi, who gives a toss

7 minutes ago, tul66 said:

Never mind spunking the money on the Z3 with that hideous interior, spend the money on getting your 8.32 back on the road. Petrol's really cheap at the minute!:-D

Just spunked £550 on the 8.32 for new HT leads, dizzy caps and rotor arms.......the bank is coming for me