Is anyone local to, or have contacts near, Mullingar in West Meath who could...

supermellowman

...potentially look at a car on my behalf please. Subject to lockdown requirements etc in Ireland. Substantial beer tokens or similar on offer. Very tentative at the moment but potentially trying to pull something together. 

Also, does anyone know of any trusted transporters who could bring car back to UK (Worcestershire)? @worldofceri do you go across the sea?

Many thanks all.

ETA - appreciate this is a long shot but any help from the AS collective would be great.

7 hours ago, supermellowman said:

Also, does anyone know of any trusted transporters who could bring car back to UK (Worcestershire)? @worldofceri do you go across the sea?

I can't get the insurance to go international unfortunately.  There's a chance this may change when I renew in June but I doubt it tbh.

If you want it shipped it would probably be more cost effective if you can find someone who does regular trips with a multi-car transporter.  I can ask around if you like.  Alternatively, if you can somehow get it onto a ferry, I can collect from any port.

Good luck!

Cheers @worldofceri. Very good of you to respond. Much appreciated. If this goes ahead there should, hopefully, be enough empty trailers being brought back from Ireland to give a few options. Appreciate the offer of help within the UK so I’ll check how things are on the Ireland side of the equation to see if that could be an option. Will pm you if it is a possibility ?

11 hours ago, supermellowman said:

...potentially look at a car on my behalf please. Subject to lockdown requirements etc in Ireland. Substantial beer tokens or similar on offer. Very tentative at the moment but potentially trying to pull something together. 

Many thanks all.

ETA - appreciate this is a long shot but any help from the AS collective would be great.

I can’t help you with having a look at the car but I’ve a lad based in Dublin who brings cars in and out of UK / Ireland. Send me a pm for deets. Not sure if he is operating during the lockdown but he has helped me out in the past - efficient and easy to deal with. 

CFD