when all this is over - where ya going for a spin??

hairnet

On 4/6/2020 at 8:38 PM, TrabbieRonnie said:

WP_20170430_10_08_39_Pro.thumb.jpg.c46eb914b6366720d4e339a6497fd467.jpg

That is gorgeous! What caravan is that?

On 4/6/2020 at 7:48 PM, big_al_granvia said:

Need a good run up the side of loch lomond to arrochar then over the rest and be thankful to inverary. Ideally with no kojaks with kodaks

On 4/6/2020 at 8:57 PM, Spiny Norman said:

I'll be right there. One of my favourite local-ish roads. Lots of superb wee B roads off the main drag too.

Shall we have a mini meet? :D

3 hours ago, TrabbieRonnie said:

Cheers...  It's a Qek Junior, built in the DDR specifically for Trabant and Wartburg owners.  Weighs 350kgs, so even the Trab's 600cc can pull it along pretty well!

Please let me know when you're off on your travels with that so I can stay well away. Looks like nothing but a mobile chicane to me!:-x

19 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I'll give that some consideration. 

Your suggested route through the  back roads may mean you pass me on my horse at some stage. Keep a lookout for someone riding bareback. I'm the only one, as far as I know, who rides around here with no saddle. 

Give us a shout if useful.

Fun fact about me - I'm terrified of horses. Although I can just about cope with driving past them slowly.

15 minutes ago, N19 said:

Fun fact about me - I'm terrified of horses. Although I can just about cope with driving past them slowly.

No need, they're lovely. Learn a couple of simple rules about horse body language (actually mostly head language) and you'll be fine.

Just now, MrDuke said:

No need, they're lovely. Learn a couple of simple rules about horse body language (actually mostly head language) and you'll be fine.

I know it's perhaps an irrational fear, but it's definitely there. A friend who is fluent in horses once convinced me to walk towards one. I felt dizzy, fainted and had to be wheeled away.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:07 AM, cort1977 said:

Ullapool.  It's about a 4h run from here and planning on going for the weekend with the kids.  Can climb Stac Pollaidh (Stack Polly to us Sassenachs) which is steep and rocky with amazing views but also close to the road and a short day really. 

Not to be miserable but I think half the UK will have the same idea and as facilities will open at different times it could be a bit chaotic at first.  

Next year I want to go on holiday to the Western Isles, I think Ullapool is the way to get there.  Visit friends in Inverness on the way there or back.  I'm persuading Mrs B it's a fine idea.

My parents have just moved back home oop north to Scarborough, taking my Healey 100 with them.

So the old boy can enjoy driving it whilst he still has his own eyes. I imagine they just get replaced with blocks of wood when you get, like, really old. Just like teeth do. And ears.

Capture.JPG.c4643144478b43fb7d051b8eabd52739.JPG

The Scarborough - Whitby - Pickering triangle is first on my list when I get there. Itching to get behind the wheel! Nadgers to spending time with those old farts :)

Factor in a detour through Bay Town and Goathland, maybe Dalby or Hackness, and with a refreshments stop here and there for a glass of lemonade or two (The Dolphin in Bay Town and Birch Hall Inn at Beck Hole are two of my favourites...).

Although there are so many great roads around there. I do love a blast around the wolds too.

Such an improvement over the congested rutted farm tracks we call "roads" in Buckinghamshire :)

I was supposed to have been there twice already to help sort stuff out in their new home and attend a concrete conference, so I suppose this Covid19 isn't all bad news...

1189787706_Healey02.thumb.jpg.aa7fb2875458344b59c4b0cce3de5283.jpg