when all this is over - where ya going for a spin??

hairnet

23 minutes ago, morrisoxide said:

I'm planning a trip to my local motor factors to buy everything that looks useful. I'm pretty sure they have shut up shop because I alone was paying their bills/profit. :-D

I'm off now because the thought of going there has got me all exited and jittery! 

Hopefully they will actually reopen for you after things start to return to "normality". There'll be quite a few that will never come back to life.

10 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Straight down to the Channel Tunnel then onto the solicitors in south east Spain to pick up the keys to.my new home. Unload the van at the house and start living my new life.

I had planned to come and visit you whilst out there this Summer..... fingers crossed 

Ullapool.  It's about a 4h run from here and planning on going for the weekend with the kids.  Can climb Stac Pollaidh (Stack Polly to us Sassenachs) which is steep and rocky with amazing views but also close to the road and a short day really. 

Not to be miserable but I think half the UK will have the same idea and as facilities will open at different times it could be a bit chaotic at first.  

The first trip will probably be over the Bwlch and Rhigos mountains towards Brecon in a Cortina or Granada which will be a short run to celebrate using a proper car again as opposed to a few miles to the supermarket in the Z4 or Panda. First proper run will be to London then Southend to pick up parts for the cars which I agreed to buy before lockdown.

Back into Shropshire to go to the Severn Valley Railway and a couple of English Heritage sites, also to Framlingham Castle and Dover as it looks unlikely the week we had booked for next month will be happening. 

Edited to add Didcot Railway Centre and Gloucester Warwickshire Railway. 

13 hours ago, rantingYoof said:

I've been waiting patiently since end of October for better weather so I can whack the windows down and open the sunroof on the Lexus so I can properly enjoy its noise.

While I'm wholly aware it's a massive first world problem, this lockdown best not last all summer...

I hope it doesn't last all summer either, I had a lot planned for this year and next year which is all to pot now. 

Barrow? Work related visit if current aerospace client starts hemoraging contractors.

Not work related? Might go straight to Birmingham to take my son out for lunch. 

If you own a restaurant or pub, and can survive, you will need extra staff. 

3 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

I hope it doesn't last all summer either, I had a lot planned for this year and next year which is all to pot now. 

Insert sarcasm.mode 

It's nearly over. Just a couple more weeks.

not

1 hour ago, Eyersey1234 said:

I wonder how many road accidents there are likely to be on the first day of "normality" as everyone rushes out in a mass alleviation of cabin fever?

18 hours ago, rantingYoof said:

I've been waiting patiently since end of October for better weather so I can whack the windows down and open the sunroof on the Lexus so I can properly enjoy its noise.

While I'm wholly aware it's a massive first world problem, this lockdown best not last all summer...

I'm back at work this week (big maltings... who knew supplying single malt to the world (in around ten year's time...), would make me a key worker?), which isn't feeling very worthwhile at the moment, but I am aware how lucky I am to have a job and the mortgage paid.  It has been a real treat to open up the Audi's V8 on the deserted 25-mile A-road commute, however.

It's a great drive at any time, but a real highlight just now.  The company's even given us letters to show the police if stopped!

9 hours ago, cort1977 said:

Ullapool.  It's about a 4h run from here and planning on going for the weekend with the kids.  Can climb Stac Pollaidh (Stack Polly to us Sassenachs) which is steep and rocky with amazing views but also close to the road and a short day really. 

Not to be miserable but I think half the UK will have the same idea and as facilities will open at different times it could be a bit chaotic at first.  

Used to holiday there when I was a youngster. Climbed Stac Pollaidh once. It was steep.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:48 PM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Hopefully will be able to get the CX from home to Garages Dubois-Loizou (3.5 miles) without doing too much internal damage.....

It's almost my neck of the woods and I'm right next to there 3 evenings per week at the moment, so if you end up needing to tow it there and a lift back let me know.

Short term, would like a nice sunny Sunday morning drive up to St Albans, round the back lanes of Hertfordshire and through Hemel, Chesham, Chorleywood etc back through Watford. That's my usual go-to "I want to get out of town but don't have a specific destination in mind" drive. Also want to pop to Norfolk for a day at some point.

33 minutes ago, N19 said:

It's almost my neck of the woods and I'm right next to there 3 evenings per week at the moment, so if you end up needing to tow it there and a lift back let me know.

Short term, would like a nice sunny Sunday morning drive up to St Albans, round the back lanes of Hertfordshire and through Hemel, Chesham, Chorleywood etc back through Watford. That's my usual go-to "I want to get out of town but don't have a specific destination in mind" drive. Also want to pop to Norfolk for a day at some point.

I'll give that some consideration. 

Your suggested route through the  back roads may mean you pass me on my horse at some stage. Keep a lookout for someone riding bareback. I'm the only one, as far as I know, who rides around here with no saddle. 

Haven't quite decided which car it will be yet between Jag or The Van...but I'll give it a few days for the inevitable madness to clear, but I will then be pointing northwards and disappearing into Scotland for a week or two if I can find the time.

...Will probably be the The Van to be honest, as doing that in the Jag would probably bankrupt me and cause a nationwide fuel shortage.

I think best to go your travels the minute the restrictions are lifted. All the folk who go to pubs will be drinking and plastered, leaving the roads still clear for us non pub goers to enjoy. I think it will be round the NC500 for me, in the BMW, before the petrol prices go through the roof due to increased demand again!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Haven't quite decided which car it will be yet between Jag or The Van...but I'll give it a few days for the inevitable madness to clear, but I will then be pointing northwards and disappearing into Scotland for a week or two if I can find the time.

...Will probably be the The Model 70 tho for teh LOLZ

FTFY :mrgreen:

I have already decided I will be taking the Fozzie up here

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1592148852868&id=1510301851

This was filmed 9 years ago in my first Legacy GT-V, which I still have. Albeit in a garage awaiting a new clutch/engine/both. This is going past Loch Lomond on the Luss side and I will be going as far as Inverary to hopefully enjoy the Rest and Be Thankful when it isn't full of idiots. Currently undecided on what route to come back, Dunoon ferry perhaps or carry on all the way up to Cloanaig/Campbeltown, get the ferry over to Lochranza, have a circuit round Arran before getting the ferry home.

Annoyingly I was going to take Fozzie up to Inverary before it's MOT was due up on the 11th March so I could wear out it's old Michelin Latitudes before they were changed over, but I ran out of time :(