The Bus-Shite Files: IMBERBUS

chaseracer

as a Routemaster enthusiast id love to take part/ride on the run one of these days (wonder if I can photobomb it with REV :mrgreen: )

and just in general id love to get to more bus/Routemaster gatherings/shows etc

I used to ride the Heritage Route 15's a lot too, but that all went to pot when I did my back in sadly

(I can get on a Routemaster just fine, but its the travelling there (and back) to get to them thats the problem!)

I also really need to renew my RMOOA membership, I tried to a while back but it requires a login from what I can see, but I never got a login, so I sent off an email but never heard back, must try again one of these days!

(in one of the RMOOA magazines from 2008 you can find a picture of me standing in front of ER882 :) )

also Bonus points for the MD there!

One of the (many) nice things about Towersey Folk Festival was the shuttle bus that took you to Thame to buy beer and Pot Noodles. It cost a pound to go on the bus, which was none other than a Routemaster piloted by Radio 2's Ken Bruce! Now the festival is in Thame rather than Towersey itself I imagine that the bus is no longer to be seen :(

1 hour ago, chaseracer said:

Part-owned with Charles Nove out of Scala Radio!

Also Alan 'Voice of the Balls' Dedicoat and a few other BBC DJs who made up the 'Broadcasters' Bus Consortium'. At one point they had about half a dozen buses between them and actually ran them commercially. Mainly Routemasters but Charles Nove had a nice Leyland Titan.

I used to drive the RM buses when they were in service. I would imagine these are kept in better condition than those we used to drive. I can tell you that when the power steering fluid all runs out the steering gets really  heavy!! [Tore my back muscles when it happened as I'd just turned in towards a bus stop. If I hadn't got it back, would have made the six o'clock news.]