Six-Cylinder Entertains – Virtual Roffle of my Maserati BiTurbo - Winner 7 Chancer

Six-cylinder

9 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Only 190bhp?  Seriously?  Feels like a hell of a lot more, especially given the size and weight of the thing.

Must be a pretty small club being a carb fed engine paired with a turbo... can't immediately think of another off the top of my head.

Weren't all late war US aircraft up until the adoption of jet engines carb'd along with their super turbo twin chargers?

3 hours ago, supermellowman said:

To continue the spirit of this great thread idea by @Six-cylinder perhaps the winning bidder could post a virtual collection thread.
I’d love to read a @Jim Bell one. One random one for him please.

I love the idea of the follow up collection thread and maybe with the winner I can do a bit of photoshop!

4 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

@motorpunk are you about what do you remember of this Biturbo?

I’m here! Typing on a poxy phone here, longer answer from a laptop later, this wonderfully loopy car was owned by my mate Chris from Rotherham who tried to flog it to me for (IIRC) a grand or two, but it was pretty manky back then. We took it to the Isle of Man and drove the bollocks off it, I think I wrote a feature for PPC Magazine about it. Don’t ask me when. Anyway, I seriously love that car and while I’m sure someone will buy it, it’s a bit beyond my budget at that price. I have a very early Mk1 MX5 I need shot of (free rust and electric botherations) if you’d like a horribly one-sided swap or something. I’m shit at buying and selling. 

Virtual roffle is a wonderful idea. Sorry I missed out! 

Here’s a pic of me abusing the thing way back.

2EF14942-2891-4586-B218-45F719EC8B87.jpeg

7 minutes ago, motorpunk said:

while I’m sure someone will buy it,

It's OK, it's not actually for sale!!! :-)

This is just a bit of fun - a Virtual Roffle - no money nor car changes hands - although there is a 1:43 scale model as a gift for the lucky number holder come Wednesday...

What was the story behind your friend Chris having it? Would he be happy to advise? I'd love to find out its history and see how far back I can go.

£84 is the equivalent of euro 100 over here in italy i.e. all rhe money left in italy at the moment, if i win i will have to ask the italian government for a state funded loan, i hope all the paperwork  is ok , a nightmare importing cars here., if i win i promise to take the car inside the bologna Maserati factory tour.